New John Deere Owner

/ New John Deere Owner #11  
psdx
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yea I did not want to pay buy new and the few used units I found were realy used hard. The prior owner was a machinist and he and his son both bought 670s. The son had 400 hours and the dad had 40. I could not pass it up. Now everyone thinks I am an Oregon Ducks fan.

I have atached pix of the tractor and the stand for haniging the post hole digger. Note still working on modification for a tripod to make the 3PT easier to hook up on the auger.

Very cool .. Was the post hole auger stand built using a saw horse kit? If so ... clever !

/ New John Deere Owner
Very cool .. Was the post hole auger stand built using a saw horse kit? If so ... clever !

Hosspuller
Thank you for the COOL:cool:
You are correct. I had the saw horse kit sitting around from a prior project and I had 4 inch X 1/4 bolts on hand so I drilled through both sides of the saw horse clamp and the 2X6 header, added some large washers and and nylock nuts to make sure the clamp could not release. I did not want to depend only on wood screws, when my neck was on the line. I trimmed the header bottom so the legs would spread at the bottom and used some old chain to hang from the header with a simple hook on the other side. I then added some old garden hose over the chain to avoid damaging the old paint and rust on the auger. My only regret was not making the header a bit longer as it is hard to get in to take the auger bit off and on.

Last edited: