New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #1  

spigadgetman

Tractor
Kubota M5040 - 4WD - Manual Syncro (2006)
Help - I have a bran new Kubota M5040. I removed the front loader (easy) 4 hydraulic dis-connects and 2 pins. The only trick of course is to relieve pressure on the hydraulics before disconnecting. THe problem I am having is getting it re-connected. Pressure is relieved and quick disconnect goes on 98% of the way but lacks 1/16 inch or so for the quick disconnect to seat and lock. I just can not seem to get the connection pushed on that last bit to latch. All four connections act the same. Is there any trick or do I need to get just get serious with some leverage. I can't believe it is this hard.
Thanks

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics
Help - I have a bran new Kubota M5040. I removed the front loader (easy) 4 hydraulic dis-connects and 2 pins. The only trick of course is to relieve pressure on the hydraulics before disconnecting. THe problem I am having is getting it re-connected. Pressure is relieved and quick disconnect goes on 98% of the way but lacks 1/16 inch or so for the quick disconnect to seat and lock. I just can not seem to get the connection pushed on that last bit to latch. All four connections act the same. Is there any trick or do I need to get just get serious with some leverage. I can't believe it is this hard.
Thanks

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #3  
Take the male ends of the quick connects and tap them with a hard object after wrapping them first with a rag. It will eliminate built up pressures within the FEL and then attachment will be easy.

This is a common problem with hydraulics left out in the sun.

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #4  
Take the male ends of the quick connects and tap them with a hard object after wrapping them first with a rag. It will eliminate built up pressures within the FEL and then attachment will be easy.

This is a common problem with hydraulics left out in the sun.

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #5  
Also, it helps if you "cycle" the loader lever and work all the levers before you reconnect the hoses. Just like when you took them off, do it before you put them back on.

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #6  
Also, it helps if you "cycle" the loader lever and work all the levers before you reconnect the hoses. Just like when you took them off, do it before you put them back on.

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #7  
Your tractor is now junk. Ruined beyond all possibility of repair. Give me your address and I will come haul it off for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Or maybe try what Mike said.

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #8  
Your tractor is now junk. Ruined beyond all possibility of repair. Give me your address and I will come haul it off for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Or maybe try what Mike said.

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Take the male ends of the quick connects and tap them with a hard object after wrapping them first with a rag. It will eliminate built up pressures within the FEL and then attachment will be easy.

This is a common problem with hydraulics left out in the sun. )</font>

Why is it always the male member who has to get rapped on the whatever ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Where is equality?

/ New Kubota M5040 - Can not re-connect Hydrulics #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Take the male ends of the quick connects and tap them with a hard object after wrapping them first with a rag. It will eliminate built up pressures within the FEL and then attachment will be easy.

This is a common problem with hydraulics left out in the sun. )</font>

Why is it always the male member who has to get rapped on the whatever ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Where is equality?