New Kubota M7040 here!

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #31  
Great looking tractor, you're really going to enjoy it once you get familiar with it. It takes a little time to get accustom to something new, and seat time is the best remedy.

It's been really dry here this summer so I dug a small stock tank. It don't get any better than that and not so much as a hicup from the 7040.

Have fun and be safe.

Charlie

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #32  
With any turbocharged diesel it's always better to idle it for a bit after working it. It allows the turbocharger's hot side bearing to cool down and reduces coking of the bearing, the main reason turbochargers fail.

I tend to idle mine all the time when in the field unless I'm working it.

When using ours, we usually only shut it down when we put it away and allow plenty of time for cool down. This is our first unit with a turbo and find it less of an inconvenience than many thought including me.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #33  
When using ours, we usually only shut it down when we put it away and allow plenty of time for cool down. This is our first unit with a turbo and find it less of an inconvenience than many thought including me.

Excellent policy. The hot side bearing is ceramic by the way and it don't like coked up oil crud. I see 'em fail at the shop all the time from owners being in a hurry and shutting down a hot working engine with no cool down.

/ New Kubota M7040 here!
7.2 hrs on the clock now. Time sure does fly in this tractor! I finished turning my manure pile and was quite adept by the end of it and getting a decently full bucket.

I find that for loader work I am best off setting the hand throttle to higher than idle. I set it to 1200 or 1300 rpm. Not sure why. Just works well for me that way.

Don't think I stalled it AT ALL today during a couple hours of loader work. Helps to read the loader manual as well as it had some good tips.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #35  
Congrats on the new tractor!!! Thats a real farm tractor!!! :thumbsup:

So now you have the big machine... when you getting the big land?! :laughing:

/ New Kubota M7040 here!
Congrats on the new tractor!!! Thats a real farm tractor!!! :thumbsup:

So now you have the big machine... when you getting the big land?! :laughing:

I can't afford the big land anymore!

Promised my wife that I'd stop looking for more land for another 3 to 5 years.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #37  
I can't afford the big land anymore!

Promised my wife that I'd stop looking for more land for another 3 to 5 years.

We have several hundred acres and wish we could have bought more years ago. As my father in law use to say, "They aren't making any more."

The price of houses are down, but in my area, land keeps going up and will just get more expensive with time.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #38  
TripleR said:
We have several hundred acres and wish we could have bought more years ago. As my father in law use to say, "They aren't making any more."

The price of houses are down, but in my area, land keeps going up and will just get more expensive with time.

A farm not too far from us (canoe & myself) sold for $77 million, bought by a developer. That is for 180 acres.

Which is why I will be moving way north, can't afford anything major down here.

/ New Kubota M7040 here!
Price of land around here is depressing to say the least - for me anyway!

There are some nice parcels of land - about 100 acres or so around my place that are in the 1.5 - 2 million range. Most have the most basic house which would need quite a bit of upgrading or a wholesale tear down.

I'm still hopeful that I will find the right 50 to 100 acre parcel for under a million with a house as nice as mine and outbuildings and so on, if we move strategically in a few years. One of the major highways is coming up north of me - currently it is about 10-15 min south of me. Hopefully that will raise the resale value of my place.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #40  
Congrats on the new tractor! I'm also looking at the M7040 but can't swing the cab cost so likely will go the SUD route like NativeSon. What are the main differences? BTW - the quote is for $36,500 M7040SUD w/ FEL, 3rd option remote, pallet forks and canopy/lights. How's that for price? I'm pretty excited to get rid of my MF 265 - on my 2nd busted spindle right now.:(