new kubotas

/ new kubotas #21  
I was in the dealer this winter and salesman was talking about tier 5. He said it was coming but just a matter of when. He also was talking about def. He said when all this started you needed a tank of def every 10 tanks, then it was 7, now it's 5. With tier 5 it'll be a tank of def for every 1-2 tanks of fuel. (I don't remember the exact numbers but you see the pattern. ) His point was get ready to buy a lot of def when we go tier 5. He also said that a tractor like my MX5200 that now only requires dpf would be a def tractor under tier 5.

/ new kubotas #22  
Sounds somewhat like "buy now, or else" fear mongering.
There could just as reasonably be a better solution "right around the corner" vs. using more and more DEF.

I got lucky and found the perfect tractor used and in great shape and it is PRE-tier IV. VERY HAPPY about that.

Then again, my month old (used) truck used DEF. Only have put 2,000mi on it, so I haven't added fluid or anything yet.

/ new kubotas #23  
Looks to me like the better solution is gas engines for tractors. My dad's old Oliver was gas and it lasted and lasted. My mom had a gas Kubota on her ZTR mower and didn't burn a drop of oil at 2200 hours while the mower was falling apart after 18 years of use. I think gas engines in tractors from 25 to 100 HP would sell like crazy. With all the environmental stuff the diesel engines just lose so much of their advantages over the gas ones.

/ new kubotas #24  
Looks to me like the better solution is gas engines for tractors. My dad's old Oliver was gas and it lasted and lasted. My mom had a gas Kubota on her ZTR mower and didn't burn a drop of oil at 2200 hours while the mower was falling apart after 18 years of use. I think gas engines in tractors from 25 to 100 HP would sell like crazy. With all the environmental stuff the diesel engines just lose so much of their advantages over the gas ones.

It all sounds good but I must say I'll take the emissions diesels over a gas any day. I've got a gas IH at 37 hp. It does good for low torque applications. But it just really strains compared to a 35 hp diesel.

It's quieter than most diesels but the new diesels are getting quieter.

At the 35 hp range fuel efficiency isn't notable, but when you step up to the old 806 IH it is. Those seem to burn gas as fast as you can pour it in.

All I'm saying is gas tractors have been tried and they were ok but we're also switched to diesel for multiple reasons.

/ new kubotas #25  
From what I remember as a kid, we had a Farmall Super A, and it is a rather small tractor, but that thing had a real thirst for gasoline. When we plowed the garden, my dad would start with a full 10 gallon tank, and always seemed to have to run to town for another two cans worth to finish it up. Small diesels seem to sip fuel, but it seemed that those old small gasoline engines guzzled.. That is just from my child memories.

/ new kubotas #26  
From what I remember as a kid, we had a Farmall Super A, and it is a rather small tractor, but that thing had a real thirst for gasoline. When we plowed the garden, my dad would start with a full 10 gallon tank, and always seemed to have to run to town for another two cans worth to finish it up. Small diesels seem to sip fuel, but it seemed that those old small gasoline engines guzzled.. That is just from my child memories.

I agree. The ole Jubilee we owned loved gasoline.