Buying Advice New L3800 Did I get it Right?

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #21  
I would do a careful once over visual of everything, looking for missing hardware, scratches, bent/broken, etc. After it had sat not running for a little while I would check all the fluids to make sure they're full. Other than that I would say take it out and play, I mean work.

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #22  
If your dealer is anything like mine ... he spent about 45 minutes showing me everything, what to do & how to do it, what not to do, what to watch for, maintenance items, answering my dumb questions, etc. He only finally left because I ran out of dumb questions & was ready to ride :thumbsup:

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #23  
With having the grapples for quite several years now and having both the W R Long valve and 2 rear remote valves, would not accept a new tractor without a joystick mounted control. It makes it so much easier to pick things up as sometimes you need to curl and grapple at the same time, otherwise you need two right hands to do it using the rear remotes. If the dealer cannot get you a W R long valve kit find one that can as they are easy to put on.

David kb7uns

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #24  
congratulations! Great tractor and some fabulous kit to go along with it.

Read your manual, then read it again. Take it slow and easy, there's a lot of controls and stuff to learn, and it's a big powerful machine that can hurt you if you're not careful.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! Tractor rollovers are a real killer, and it happens way too often. That's what the ROPS are for, but they don't work if you don't wear your seatbelt.

Watch out for hills--go down forwards, go up backwards, don't go across them. Watch out for picking up heavy loads with the bucket or grapple, keep the weight low, have ballast (like your BB) on the back, and go slow.

You'll love it and you'll find a zillion uses for it once you have it. Have fun!

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #25  
You will love the grapple. The WR Long diverter with whatever manufacturer grapple is a great combination as well. I have been truly amazed at what I can get done and love the push button control on the loader joystick.

BTW - I am actually using my diverter as a "second set" of hydraulics out back at the moment for my blade in the winter months (this lets me keep my hydraulic toplink in action as well) - just had to run a set of hydraulic lines from the diverter to the back of the tractor. All of about five seconds to connect the front hydraulics or the rear to the diverter.

Enjoy the new tractor! - Dana

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #26  
Yep, you did it right. Right size for 11 acres, Loaded R1's, perfect. Loader - what's a tractor without one? Only thing I see missing that I'd like on my next one is a hydraulic top link with the rear remote and telescopic lower arms.

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #27  
Let us know what you think of this fine machine!

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right?
Thanks everyone for the help. Here are some pics. I absolutely love the tractor. Having no experience with Tractors I really relied on the forums here and I couldn't be happier. Never heard of a Grapple before! Really glad I got the R1's.

How do you get the loader in the float position? I really struggled with the snow on my gravel driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 569
   / New L3800 Did I get it Right? #29  
Thanks everyone for the help. Here are some pics. I absolutely love the tractor. Having no experience with Tractors I really relied on the forums here and I couldn't be happier. Never heard of a Grapple before! Really glad I got the R1's.

How do you get the loader in the float position? I really struggled with the snow on my gravel driveway.

push straight foward on the loader control, as you push, the loader arms go down, then push some more,past a "detent" the control will stay in the foward position, now you are in float, to "unfloat" just yank it back.
James K0UA

/ New L3800 Did I get it Right? #30  

On mine you push the loader control forward past the down position. Don't do it until the loader is on the ground, though, or it'll fall! (or just barely above the ground anway)