Buying Advice New L3800 vs Used L3940

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #11  
I'm usually the go new and bigger isn't always better guy but after doing what TripleR advises I'm really leaning toward the Deluxe 40 tractor vs the bare bones tractor. I had a Grand L3240 at one time and though it was to big for my uses/property it was a Grand machine. Especially if your a cash buyer.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #12  
These aren't even close to the same tractor. Yes, the grand L has a lot more features, but forget that. It's bigger, stronger, heavier and all around more robust. No question, I'd go for the L3940.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #13  
These are not chinese junk. They do not shed parts with every use. I've had 2 Kubotas and never used the warranty, but you might be able to buy Kubota insurance which comes with a warranty, or ask the dealer to throw something in. I would run back to the dealer and buy the 3940 before somebody else does.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #14  
Don't walk, run to the 3940.. It is in a totally different class than the L3800. Unless there is something major wrong with the L3940, it is just a lot more tractor in so many ways. (Oh, they have a nice smooth 3pt hitch too:))

James K0UA

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #15  
When I went to trade my B7800 a little bit ago, I was also looking at a L3800. I found it to be not much of an upgrade. Plus the jerky hitch didn't appeal to me.

Test drove the Grand L thanks to my wife and I was sold. Heavier, larger, more capacity, and a nice HST system.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940
To answer an earlier question, yes, the 3940 is an HST. I think I'll stop in tomorrow to test drive it. They had just sold their last L3800 HST when I was in earlier this week, not sure if he'll have a new one in or not. I'll see how it goes, might have to make an offer on it. One thing I need to clarify with them is that they bought it from a customer, and put it in their rental fleet (without it's FEL, they don't trust rental customers with a FEL). I don't think it's been there long, but I need to clarify that and probably need to talk them into some sort of warranty.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #17  
I cannot say any more then anybody else has said GL3940!!!!
Heavier axles
Hydrostatic steering
External twin 3 pt lift cylinders
Better 3 pt valve
Isolated work platform
Heavier loader
Larger castings

David Kb7uns

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #18  
I wouldn't be too worried about it being part of a rental fleet. Rentals are money makers so the rental companies don't skimp on maintenance. Plus they always inspect the equipment so they don't get caught repairing damage out of pocket (vs the customer paying or the insurance paying). With the amount of hours there's a good chance they didn't rent it often enough so it wasn't making enough money to justify keeping it in the fleet.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #19  
Especially if they did not rent with FEL, as you claim. Novice users and FEL's can cause damage. Not sure how you could damage a L3940 with only pto and 3 point. Philip.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940
The good news is it's only been in their rental fleet for about 40 hrs. The bad news is it's been rented the last two days so I can't test drive it. They claim most of the rental were with a box blade, which is what it's got for this job. FEL was off of it when I saw it, probably ready for this rental job it's on now.