New L4330 or gently used L4630???

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
My local dealer has both. If both are configured identically, the L4630HST with 230 hours on the clock comes in $1300 less than the brand new L4330.

Advantage L4330: Brand spanking new. Virginal.
Disadvantage L4330: A tad less power. Expense of the 50 hour service = $500.

Advantage L4630: Only 230 hours and 2 years left on warranty. Tad more power. 50 hour and 300 hour service visits taken care of. Already has first scratch.
Disadvantage L4630: Used.

Advice??? Pete

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #2  
Flip a coin?? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Seriously Pete, I think I'd go with the used L4630. First, it's got 2 years warranty on it. Let's face it, anything that might go wrong will probably happen within the 2 years. Second, it's a little less expensive. Get more attachments! Third, more power. Fourth, you know where it's been maintained and that it's been properly looked after. Fifth, you won't cry when you put the first scratch in the new one.

Good luck. Pictures!

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #3  
<font color="blue"> $1300 </font> is a lot of money. It could buy a nice additional attachment that you might need for the bigger tractor.
Are you paying cash or are you going to use one of <font color="orange">Kubota's </font>finance plans. I do not think the used one will be able to use the cheap financing.

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630???
Ron -- All the attechments from Clementine will fit, though the rear blade will look tiny on that beast! We're paying cash plus the trade, so the less out of pocket the better.

No debt. Years ago when we paid off our first car we kept on "making payments" to a bank account. By the time the first car died we were able to pay cash for a new one. Never looked back! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #5  
<font color="blue"> Never looked back! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
That's great. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Did you see my other post on the BH.

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #6  
Pete; you have to go sit on a Case and a Cat loader/backhoe to get the worm really hungry! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #7  
Pete:

I've posted a lot about how the 4630 is my least favorite of all the Grand L's. It has the same displacement and torque as the 4330, redlines at 2700 vs 2600 and uses more fuel. I'd encourage you to get the 4330.

I'm also wondering why it's back on the lot.

Good luck, John

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pete:

I've posted a lot about how the 4630 is my least favorite of all the Grand L's. It has the same displacement and torque as the 4330, redlines at 2700 vs 2600 and uses more fuel. I'd encourage you to get the 4330.

I'm also wondering why it's back on the lot.

Good luck, John )</font>

It's back on the lot because it was sold to a farmer who had used gears for 60+ years, tried the HST, and hated it from the start. He used it for seven months, thinking the HST would grow on him, but in the end he gave up and went back to a geared tractor.

In looking at the specs I like the 4330 better, since all the extra power of the 4630 comes from running it harder, but...

The price difference would let me replace my LandPride 72 inch rear blade with something sized more appropriately to the new tractor: an 84 or even a 96 since it will only be used to pull snow away from the edge of the road.

Pete

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Pete; you have to go sit on a Case and a Cat loader/backhoe to get the worm really hungry! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon )</font>

I suspect there comes a point where a man has to stop while he still has his wife's blessing...

Pete

/ New L4330 or gently used L4630??? #10  
I have a 4630 as it fit my needs better than the other sizes, needed a tractor that was as big as possible in the size range, was a gear driven tractor rather than the HST, and had a cab. For myself the gear was better suited with all of the ground engaging activities it is used for, loader work is a small percentage of my use.

Have read the posts of the 4330 or 4630 with great interest on how much harder the 4630 has to work to get the extra horsepower due to same displacement as the 4330.

If the tractor was not capable of doing the job of extra horsepower and holding up, do you think that Kubota would put the size in the line up?

This is the same engine that is in the Bobcat Skidsteer that is built right here in North Dakota. In this application, it is used a lot harder and more than likley a lot less maintenance and holds up for many thousands of hours of use without any engine problems.

As far as the detractors of this engine over the other on this forum, if they may be right, are you going to live long enough to wear out either tractor?

Get the most tractor for the money, you will not be sorry for the extra horsepower, esp with the HST, which loses more in the driveline than the gear.