new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #12  
Just bought a new L4701 2 wheel drive and at 5 hours the regeneration light came on and noticed reduced power with a different exhaust note. It took about 25 minutes for the regeneration and the light went out. I have run it at 2000 and above every time I have used it like the book says and no idling. Getting a little worried about all this new fangled crap. Kinda missing my 1998 Massey Ferguson 231 that I traded in. This thing doesn't even have a leveling box on it. I like the tractor especially the push button pto but these emissions have me a little worried.
How long did it take you to put those 5 hrs on it? How are you operating the machine? Short runs, at idle or near idle? These machines, more than ever need the opportunity to get to working temperature. The more often the DPF gets hot enough to clean itself, the less often it will need to go into regen.

Brian

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours
All run time mowing and disking over 2000 rpm's and no idling. Been doing what the book says.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #15  
Lol, I deserve that. Some people that's a month, others it would be the first day. I'm sure you knew what I was getting at. A lot of starting and stopping drive to the barn type use will regen more often than the type of use it sounds like this machine is getting.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #17  
Lol, I deserve that. Some people that's a month, others it would be the first day. I'm sure you knew what I was getting at. A lot of starting and stopping drive to the barn type use will regen more often than the type of use it sounds like this machine is getting.

Yep. Very big issue in the CUT sized tractors. Vast majority of them do piddly work 90% of the time. Not something a DEF engine likes.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #18  
Yep. Very big issue in the CUT sized tractors. Vast majority of them do piddly work 90% of the time. Not something a DEF engine likes.

And that is going to be a big problem!

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #19  
I got 40 hours before my first regen. Of course all the driving was during the warm months. I rarely use during the cool months except for putting out hay.