New Land Owner

/ New Land Owner #11  
I think Kubota is like the "Honda" of tractors, which is why it often comes up, but there are many good brands. Best thing is to see what dealers are nearby and then start shopping around and be sure to drive/test them all. One will certainly rise to the top. I agree with Jeff's advice to not cut corners and get a good well equipped machine. These tractors are real lifesavers at any age, and you'll appreciate any and all capabilities/luxuries/aids that they are equipped with.

/ New Land Owner #12  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

:tractor: I'm going to move this thread over to our buying, pricing and comparisons section.

/ New Land Owner #13  
:welcome:
From Texas

/ New Land Owner #14  
Georgia is like tractor heaven. You have Kubota, Yanmar, John Deere, and probably a few others with their assembly/manufacturing/headquarters all in Georgia.

You could probably go on some factory tours as prospective buyer and they'd love to show you around.

/ New Land Owner #15  
take a look at Kioti NX6010 and RX6620. They give similar power to that in Kubota grand L6060 but you pay less.

/ New Land Owner #16  
Bransons are also assembled in Georgia. When I was shopping I found them to have better features than the bare-bones Kubotas I was looking at (the L 3301/3901) and better prices as well.

Even chickens and goats need frequent (like daily) checks. If your land is a long ways from your current house that may be impractical.
Also think about how to prevent theft of your tractor, implements and tools.

/ New Land Owner #17  
Welcome
Make friends with neighboring farmers, they can make suggestions about what works best in your area.
Ask them about a good tractor dealer, as newby you will need advise on equipment that will work for your situation. Brand matters less than good dealer
Definitely get 4 wheel drive and front end loader.
Learn from neighbors before getting too much equipment. It is easier to buy hay and slowly learn process than get all equipment needed.
Tractor with 50 hp should complete your tasks , bigger tractors and equipment can get work done quicker.
I had 113 acres with cattle, my biggest tractor was 45 hp. In a pinch I baled with 30 hp tractor.
Have fun