New LB1914-Engine Knock

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #1  

texaslandman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Hinomoto E202, Kioti-LB1914
Got my new LB1914 Monday PM, it had 3 hours on it. I put 4 hours on it during the week.

This morning (Saturday) I planned some serious seat time. At 11 hours on the machine (I was running in 4TH gear, 1700RPM, no load) engine started knocking.

I shut it off, checked the oil, it was fine, engine temp OK. I cranked it again, no knock.

Anybody got any ideas? This is my first diesel.

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #2  
may want to dump a little power service in the fuel, ihad an injector hanging up once in a while nere idle it took care of it. I am assuming your filter has been changed,if not change it first a dirty filter will also make them act up,and produce a nocking sound. it defiinatly sounds like a fuel problem if it went away after stoping and starting. could have been a fluke that wont hapen again.power service wont hurt anyway just follow directions on bottle

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #3  
its the injectors.... do like the prevous post, add some power service cleaner. You may need to run 2 full tanks though. These tractors come in from korea with partial tanks of diesel, and sometimes sit on the boat for a while and in warehouse. Diesel does get old after a while. Nothing to worry as its just the injectors. Here we add the power service to all tractors we sell and top on the tank with fresh diesel once they come in.

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #4  
#1) Which one do either of you use? I just bought the "year round" Power Service and intend to use it regularly. Should I?

#2) I got the 96 fluid ounce bottle that says it will do 300 gallons of fuel. What does this figure to be with a 5.28 gallon tank? I come up with 1.6896 (1.7) ounces per tank. Is this correct?

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #5  
<font color="blue">I got the 96 fluid ounce bottle that says it will do 300 gallons of fuel. What does this figure to be with a 5.28 gallon tank? I come up with 1.6896 (1.7) ounces per tank. Is this correct? </font>

Its what I use and that's what I came up with. But then I just squirt some in until I reach 1.6896 oz's geusstamation. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #6  
the year round must be the stuff in the white bottle, its the one i use used to be the only one around till recently. now theres that grey bottle with centane boost, i don't have a use for that. so far the white bottle is still avalible in a small treats 25 galion size bottle at a local truck supply i just estimate a little under 1/5 bottle in winter ,a dash every other 5 galion can in the summer. i saw wally world only had the big bottle about a qurt size? I like the fact it also lubes fuel parts

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #7  
Dewave, how often do you use it? Every fill?

Gone, thanks.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock #8  
every fill in winter, about every other in summer, but if i miss in the summer i don't care winter i do to keep from jelling i have taking a propane torch out to often at work to warm lines up when it's to cold for man or beast,i'm not doing it at home to.

/ New LB1914-Engine Knock
Thanks to all you TBN guys. I live in a rural area and will have to wait for my next trip to Walmart for the stuff you recommended. In the meantime our local store has an STP additive to clean diesel injectors, so I added it.

The knock hasn't happened again yet. Thanks again.