New LED lighting for half the price

/ New LED lighting for half the price #11  
PineRidge, I appreciate your offer. Might have to take you up on that. I have thought about using a relay, but wasn't to sure of how to set it all up.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

If you have any questions just ask.

light.jpg

/ New LED lighting for half the price #12  
I looked at a few of the sellers ads and noticed that the work temperature range he gives is -45c to +5. 5c is 40f, this can't be right. Is there any better information on operating temperature range provided with the lights?

/ New LED lighting for half the price
I think that was a listing error with a zero left off after the +5.
-40c to + 50 c would be more logical, (-40F to 120F)
I don't remember seeing specs listed on paper it the boxes.
The lights came bubble wraped in small boxes that fit in a shipping envelope.
no fancy retail display box with literature to reduce packaging and shipping cost most likely.
I must say they work very nice. iI have only used them in temperatures from 80F down to 42F so far.
The housing for the light is made of a cast aluminum with heat disapating fins on the back.
Nice stainless steel bolts and brackets.
new tractor 300.JPG
Tom

/ New LED lighting for half the price #14  
The big problem with LED lighting in the winter usually involves lights on the rear of tractor trailers [ brake, tail, marker ], where they get packed with snow in the back draft of the trailer. They also suck in some traffic lights and can get covered in snow under certain wind conditions. But these flood type LED lamps get warm enough so that tractor lighting does not seem to have a problem..even when snow blowing. Several folks have mentioned that they do not attract skeeters/moths/etc. at night, too.. :)

/ New LED lighting for half the price #15  
Big Dooley, just wanted an update on your LED lights? Still working good for you? I'm looking at the 27 watt lights from the same seller.

/ New LED lighting for half the price #16  
Big Dooley, just wanted an update on your LED lights? Still working good for you? I'm looking at the 27 watt lights from the same seller.

I have several of the 27W lights. Great lights, very bright and great seller!!!

/ New LED lighting for half the price
Heck yes they are working great!
I have 18 Watt for the rear and 27 Watt for the front.
I used them quite a bit for leaf pickup and mowing after dark in the fall. Lately hauling wood after dinner and a little snow plowing.
very happy with them.
new tractor 741.JPG

/ New LED lighting for half the price #19  
I see some discussion about using a relay for lights. Why would you use a relay and not just a switch in the hot leg of the wire going to the lights?

/ New LED lighting for half the price #20  
I see some discussion about using a relay for lights. Why would you use a relay and not just a switch in the hot leg of the wire going to the lights?

Switching the hot leg is far easier, so long as current doesn't exceed capacity of switch. A couple of traditional lights can easily exceed switch specs. LED is less likely so.