Oil & Fuel New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #11  
So much for unconditional love. Not even three strikes?

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #12  
Great to see you worked it out. Very important to treat diesel for the winter if it stays in the cold.

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #13  
"wish it could lift about 400 lbs. more"

Me thinks you VIOLATED tractor buying rule #1

"BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR"

We though we were king of the hill for our needs at the time when we got our BX2200. If it was just slightly bigger and could lift about #400-500 more, I'd be happy. Though, now as I'm getting wiser, I see you can't never have enough tractor. LOL

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #14  
Good lesson here for all those who ask if they should treat their fuel.

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #15  
Glad you didn't have to make your tractor an orphan! LOL
I buy my fuel from a reputable high volume dealer, they have winter blend which from what I understand is cut with Kerosene at a 60/40 ratio, 60 being Kero. This is off road diesel and so far i have no issues starting mine down to 15 degrees or so.
I still haven't addressed the no charge issue but that's another story...lol

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #16  
Hi. First post here. Definitely sounds like gelling/water in fuel. I switched out the stock rear fuel filter for a Racor filter/ water separator. It's a much larger filter and allows me to drain off the water periodically and prevents it from reaching the injectors.

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago
So much for unconditional love. Not even three strikes?

Ha... i told her "it's not you, its me". Actually, it was my fault for not treating the fuel, lesson learned, love is back in the air. And for comment about breaking the first rule... i live 1.5 acres 20 miles west of Boston. This is all the tractor I need... more than I need. I just wish it could lift more. I have found some ways to work around the lift capacity.

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #18  
Ha... i told her "it's not you, its me". Actually, it was my fault for not treating the fuel, lesson learned, love is back in the air. And for comment about breaking the first rule... i live 1.5 acres 20 miles west of Boston. This is all the tractor I need... more than I need. I just wish it could lift more. I have found some ways to work around the lift capacity.

I have 12 acres, 65 miles East of Boston (outer Cape).
I could always use more tractor (loader) capability.
With all tractors, it is often not about "need"....it is all about WANT!

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #19  
I have 12 acres, 65 miles East of Boston (outer Cape).
I could always use more tractor (loader) capability.
With all tractors, it is often not about "need"....it is all about WANT!

65 miles east of Boston.. is the middle of. The Atlantic Ocean...hope your BX has a snorkel kit.

/ New, loved Bx23S until 10 minutes ago #20  
I am **** about treating fuel. Even use a biocide. My fuel can sit for months and I use so little fuel in my little Deere that the cost is not significant.

Learned my lesson on gelling with my first diesel truck Tried going into town one morning and it was -35*. Got about 1.5 miles and the truck died. There are only two houses on my road and luckily the truck died about 75 yards from one of them.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved. BTW, you are not alone in wishing for more lifting capacity. I find work arounds as I cannot afford to upgrade. And if necessary, my neighbor has a bigger tractor I can borrow...though I hate borrowing things.