New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS?

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #61  
I am sure that we can still use the new fuel just need to add some additive, etc. If we can't use the new fuel at all, no matter what, it is more then a kubota issue.

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #62  
<font color="red">If this is the case, What are the recommendations for the Owner that uses only small amounts of fuel?

</font>

Don't worry about it. Just add powerservice to your fuel. It adds the lubricating properties back in that low sulfur takes out. It costs a whopping $6.99 for a gallon that will treat 300 gallons.

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #63  
Here's my battle plan for whenever the ULSD hits the pumps.

Step one: Put it in the tank. (maybe whine about the cost)

Step two: Use it up.

Step three: Celebrate the absence of sulfur.

The lubricity of the fuel will be more than what your diesel needs as it comes out of the pump, per ASTM D 975 or whatever spec it is.

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #64  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If this is the case, What are the recommendations for the Owner that uses only small amounts of fuel?

Where should they get five or ten gallon at a time? )</font>
I was only making sure that cup149 realized that he had posted can in one thread and can't in another. I have no idea of the validity of the statement. If Kubota says you can't use the new low sulfer fuel, they should also say what to do about it. I suspect the only reason would be that some lubricity is lost in the process of removing the sulfer, but lubricity can be added, so fuel shouldn't be a problem for these tractors. John

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #65  
<font color="blue"> Just add powerservice to your fuel...... It costs a whopping $6.99 for a gallon that will treat 300 gallons. </font>

In Michigan 'Powerservice' is $9 - $11 for 3/4 gallon (96 ounces) that will treat 300 gallons.

Don

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #66  
It would seem to me that Kubota would notify or at least post something on their website should there be a problem.

But I doubt that will happen.
If indeed additives do have to be thrown into the mix, Additive Companies are sure going to see a jump in revenues, not to mention repair work on these engines.

A lot of folks think diesel is diesel.

/ New Low Sulfer Diesel in 2006 -PROBLEMS? #67  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Here's my battle plan for whenever the ULSD hits the pumps.

Step one: Put it in the tank. (maybe whine about the cost)

Step two: Use it up.

Step three: Celebrate the absence of sulfur.

The lubricity of the fuel will be more than what your diesel needs as it comes out of the pump, per ASTM D 975 or whatever spec it is. )</font>

Exactly! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just think of all the tens of thousands of kids all over the country in the Pulmonary Pediatric Units gasping for a breath of clean air with the current epidemic of asthama in our children.

They all will breath easier and be able to smile now that all our Gasoline and Diesel fuel will have almost a 100X decrease in sulfur compounds with no problems for any of the gasoline or diesel engines whatsoever!!!.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif