New L's for Kubota

/ New L's for Kubota #2  
Re: New L\'s for Kubota

Hi Rat,

I keep reading about a remodel of the L series and wish there was more information available. What has everyone heard?? I heard that there will be a better access system to the engine, stronger hydraulics, and a new seat.

MarkV

/ New L's for Kubota #3  

Might be interesting to look at. I personally wouldn't buy one the first year. I have lived on the bleeding edge of too many new products.

I am tired of paying premium for the priviledge of being an unpaid tester only to see the price come down shortly afterwards.

Besides all of that, I haven't broken my new tractor in yet. Maybe after 700-900 hrs I might be ready for a change.

Just my opinion, no warranty implied or given,

Don

/ New L's for Kubota #4  

I visited my local JD/Kubota dealer today. His opinion about the changes would be.

1. Quick attachment on the loader will be standard.
2. Swivel seat going either way a few degrees
3. Extendedable lower links (actually these are standard on the very latest L's now)

He said there in all likelyhood will be no changes in HST or engines as they are already the best in the industry. Because of that, I would have no problems being the first on the block with one of these new ones.

What I would like to see:

1. multispeed PTO. Since mowing, especially finish mowing is so light duty, I would like to reduce engine RPM to about 1700 or 1800 and still keep 540 RPM at the rear. Also, PTO in the middle on all for a midmount mower should you desire one.

2. Power down on the 3 pt hitch.

3. 4 speed HST. A gear between high and medium, something like hedium!

4. Always more hydraulic lift on the loader. Perhaps even controls like that used on the JD 110.

5. Quick attaching implements like Bobcat uses. This is probably already in the works.

6. Bigger fuel tank. 20 gallon would be great.

7. TNT standard with a well laid out, easy to reach control and clean hose configuration. TNT is one of those things that once you have it, you will never not have it on another tractor, its that important. The top link is by far the most useful.

8. The ability to use the brakes for turning with HST. I never use the brakes to turn, but it would give less of an argument to others who criticize the lack of ability to do this.

9. Don't go electronic as the JD's are. I know 5 years down the road after montlhy power washings, those PlaySkool switches are bound to malfunction. Thats just a guess, but I can't stand electrical problems

10. Lastly, a set of hydraulic outlets on the front for anything from an auger to a 4N1 bucket. Controlled at the joystick.

Rat....

/ New L's for Kubota #5  

Hi MarkV,
My dealer told me about the same things as you mentioned were going to be changed, but he also stated that the tie rods were going to be relocated. He also mentioned some things were going to change relative to the cab, but he didn't go into any details. I don't intend to get a cab anyway, so I didn't press the point. He also mentioned that he didn't think that there would be much of a price increase because Kubota wants to stay competitive, price wise, with Deere and New Holland. Hope he's right.

/ New L's for Kubota #6  

Do the L's come with geared (shuttle fwd/reverse )transmissions? I looked at an L4610 before I bought the M4900 and really liked it except for the hydro.

TBone

/ New L's for Kubota #7  

TBone, you can go to Kubota.com and see the specifications, but the short answer to your question: <font color=blue>Do the L's come with geared (shuttle fwd/reverse )transmissions?</font color=blue> is Yes, you have a choice.

/ New L's for Kubota #8  

Tbone, Yes, Kubota calls them GST (Glide Shift Transmission) and they are an 8 forward/8 reverse clutchless shift on the go system.

MarkV

/ New L's for Kubota #9  

They have a synchronized manual, glide shift and hydrostatic transmissions.

I have the GST on my L3710 and love it. My previous tractors had the old clash box non-synchronized manuals.

Don