New M7040 HDC-1

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #11  
Congrats on the new tractor. I know you will love the M7040. Enjoy but be safe.

Charlie

/ New M7040 HDC-1
Heaven for me is 2 tractors with a back hoe, and excavator, and an RTV.......problem is you end up digging your whole place up! 2 tractors sure is handy, I leave 1 L48 with the BH on and the other for mowing, grading, and everything else. reading some other 7040 threads seems people are concerned about the thin cab hood being plastic. This being my first cab, the L48s have a hard nose and heavy duty ROPS/FOPS that can tear trees down, I am a little concerned about mowing near tree lines and other tree areas. I am going to be cautious, don't want any broken glass or broken cab tops. Dealer called about pricing for a new M59 if I sold my other l48......62.4k new! Wow, I will probably keep my other L48 as it is basically brand new. That M59 is nice, but wowzaa on the $!

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #13  
I keep limb loppers in my tractors and also have a pole saw. I do occasionally come into contact with limbs, but haven't done anything more than folded the mirrors back so far. I think a new top is around $1400.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #14  
Heaven for me is 2 tractors with a back hoe, and excavator, and an RTV.......problem is you end up digging your whole place up!
Agreed! I'd love to have a backhoe. Just not in the budget this year. If things go well though I am planning on buying another L series with a CAB. I think I'm gonna be spoiled once the summer is over! Thinking about mounting a mid mount mower to the L3130 and just using it as a BIG lawn mower... Which I need anyway - so it's all good!

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #15  
Ain't it the truth, I often say the perfect tractor really is two tractors.:thumbsup:

Then what are you doing with all of those tractors??? :laughing: It must take a couple of acres just to park them! :thumbsup:

I go for three tractors... A Papa Bear, a Momma Bear, and a Baby Bear.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #16  
Then what are you doing with all of those tractors??? :laughing: It must take a couple of acres just to park them! :thumbsup:

I go for three tractors... A Papa Bear, a Momma Bear, and a Baby Bear.

We have them on three different farms, so technically I am close to the two tractor rule. OK one farm has five or six or maybe seven, but my brothers live there and I have no control over them...:laughing: