New machine

/ New machine #91  
ForumRunner_20150424_075310.png

/ New machine #93  
Thank you, my machines are older but fully operational and in good shape, the heavier machine was tearing up a set of stock turf boss tires in 250hrs..that machine is 1850lbs, with my big rear on it 2200 plus..most of it on the rear tires,lots of torque, and 50hp, very hard on tires..the guys who ran these machines on the Dixie forums told me that the carisle field trax HD was the only tire that held up on them...so that's what I'm running. The smaller machine I changed from 22x11x9 to 25x13x9 when it was almost new, simple swap, readjust the deck pitch ..gained almost 2mph, and way better rear ground clearance especially with the bagger, also it goes almost anywhere in the soft grass, not quite as good as a ventrac but amazing for a zero turn ..those tires are good yet and they do ride a little better than the Carlisle. .with the thinner sidewall...

/ New machine #94  
Did you say 50 hp on your big mower? On what a 5' deck? What are you cutting?

I switched my mower from the turf tires to the chevrons a couple of years ago . I could not believe the difference in slippage. The chevrons hold hills better and are much more positive ground speed. I find they ride rougher though not smoother. I also find that if you plant them during a turn you do more turf damage. I would never go back though as it is so much easier to run without the slippage.

/ New machine #95  
Dixie Chopper 2005 XXWD5000-72 Here's the specs..6 foot 50hp..makes the 31 ventrac feel like a wimp...it has the torque to mow tall grass down easily and brush hog easily .Like the ventrac 950G, the Dixie diesel was killed due to emissions laws..probably the most powerful zero turn ever made, great on fuel and amazing yanmar diesel reliability, I bought one of the last ones they made...i am going to keep it for as long as I can get parts, I'll put it up against any brand new ztr , and it's an 05..

Last edited:
   / New machine #96  
Dixie Chopper 2005 XXWD5000-72 Here's the specs..6 foot 50hp..makes the 31 ventrac feel like a wimp...it has the torque to mow tall grass down easily and brush hog easily .Like the ventrac 950G, the Dixie diesel was killed due to emissions laws..probably the most powerful zero turn ever made, great on fuel and amazing yanmar diesel reliability, I bought one of the last ones they made...i am going to keep it for as long as I can get parts, I'll put it up against any brand new ztr , and it's an 05..

Sounds like a awesome tractor. What about the other. Same thing or does it have the 2-23hp motors

/ New machine #97  
My other machine is a 25 hp/60" deck, Kohler Command , the diesel machine is a beast ,it's got a few flaws ,the engine runs on the warm side on hot days,and the cut quality isn't quite as good as my 60 inch machine.

/ New machine
Approaching the 200 hour mark, time to change the engine oil with some mobil 1 5w40. What else do you guys do before snowblower time?

/ New machine #99  
Approaching the 200 hour mark, time to change the engine oil with some mobil 1 5w40. What else do you guys do before snowblower time?

Here in NY for some reason Mobil 1 is so expensive, I stopped using it about 10 yrs ago,I use Rotella T6,or Chevron Delo 5w40 full synthetic both as good or better than Mobil 1 and both are 20.00 a gallon at Walmart, Mobil 1 is 27.99 a gallon..If grab a bottle of diesel antigel now and start adding it to your fuel around thanksgiving time or so...cheap insurance.

/ New machine
Mast Lepley is picking up my machine on Monday to change out my dash that fogs up, add a horn kit and change all the filters. Still thinking to add a Grammer seat this summer.