New Mahindra 2216 with Loader (Now what?)

/ New Mahindra 2216 with Loader (Now what?) #1  

Alpocat

Hello everyone,
As of a few days ago, I'm the proud new owner of a Mahindra 2216 gear tractor with FEL. With the tractor cam a bunch of new ideas on what I want to do around the house and, of course, I thought of 100 things.

However, first and foremost, I want to look a getting a few implements. I definitely will be buying a 4' bush hog (rotary cutter) so that's a given. I'm not sure what to look for next. I'll be planting some food plots at our hunting property in the fall, so I need to get some type of plow. I was thinking that I needed a set of discs, but some of the ground that I'll be plowing will be new ground that has never been touched. I was looking at some spring ripper/cultivators (I call 'em spring plows, some folks call 'em rippers or tillers). However, I was wondering if a Box Blade with the ripper teeth let down would do just as good a job as the ripper/cultivator??? I also want to plant a garden next spring and would like to get the spot prepared over the winter. This would be new ground as well. What do you guys think?

/ New Mahindra 2216 with Loader (Now what?) #2  
My wife had a garden for first time in many years. I plowed first, and then disced it; but later ran the gasoline powered rototiller through it.

I would like a 3pt rototiller; but it isn't high on my list.

The grapple is probably the best thing I have added for the tasks we have cleaning up 15 acres.

I don't know anything about farming, plowing, discing, etc. and what I have done was from talking with co-workers....

Allready had the brush hog; plows, discs. I use the grapple for picking up trash, brush, limbs, etc. Saw the value watching the guys that hauled off the 18 school buses use same for that and picking up scrap steel, uprooting trees, etc. They were using a JD skidsteer with tracks and it was a might bit more powerful machine than my 3316; but the versatility of the grapple was not lost on me. I read about others that have added a grapple on this site and most find them a useful frequently used tool.

We used clamp on forks on my son-in-laws tractor's bucket; they were very usefull too. They were used to get over 500 tires in one location for the recyclers.... I have the skid steer quick attach bucket and forks are on my short want list.

Read some on the safety forum, and enjoy your new tractor.

Bob