Buying Advice New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions?

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #41  
With that "just enough" snow on the ground, you ought to set that pile on fire before it get's any bigger. I'll bring the marsh mellows & hot dogs, you find some real long sticks.:D

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions?
With that "just enough" snow on the ground, you ought to set that pile on fire before it get's any bigger. I'll bring the marsh mellows & hot dogs, you find some real long sticks.:D

LOL A looooong stick you will need. I really need to get all three piles burnt. There are three in a row there. One at a time. Just waiting on the right night when I can be there the whole time. Unfortunately, for the burning purpose, we are going to get 6-10 inches of snow. Won't be easy after that.

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #43  
Yes, I have a few big piles that I've missed the "window" on also.
I've burnt many big loader/excavator piles in my time, and every one still scares me for the first 1/2 hour of so.:laughing:

Yes, I have a few big piles that I've missed the "window" on also.
I've burnt many big loader/excavator piles in my time, and every one still scares me for the first 1/2 hour of so.:laughing:

I was able to light the big pile in the middle about 5pm or so. That was after about 7 inches of snow Sunday. It took a bit to get it going but once I did, the snow be melting quick! LOL

I let that burn for about an hour and a half, then used the 3550 to start pushing the two piles, one on each end, into the fire.

Like you, I have burned many a large pile over the years. Trimming up trees and removing the ones you don't want, etc. nice to get rid of it and especially burning and having the stumps completely gone!

This is a picture from the back porch of my house while the snow was still falling. The fire is in a large open area way behind the trees and down by our pond. I'm hoping 90% will be gone by tomorrow.

IMG_2681.JPG

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #45  
How'd the backhoe perform digging the stumps out?

Oh. Those stumps were dug out at an earlier time. I was just using it to free them up. I had four of them in there all frozen together but on top of the ground. I had dug them up with my John Deere 210C that I just sold a while back. Ground is frozen a good way down here now. So I will wait until late spring before I start doing any digging.

The pump isn't "set" at a pressure, since it is an open center system. The pump provides constant flow, and will reach whatever pressure it can until a relief valve opens. The Aux valve (which the backhoe is connected to), was set by the factory at a relief pressure 3000 psi. The backhoe also has a main relief valve, which I adjusted just slightly to also be 3000 psi.

More importantly, bringing the relief pressure of an individual circuit higher will allow you to lock that function in place, and apply pressure using other functions. The increased pressure in that circuit is "disconnected" from the main hydraulic system until you open the control valve for that circuit.

The way I set the boom circuit to 4000 psi is by first backing off the boom relief valve, to decrease the pressure. I believe that I found that 1/2 turn equates to a change of 250 psi. From there, I brought it back to 3000 psi, then turned it in 2 more turns.

Edit: The reason I initially looked into this is because the backhoe functioned different than other machines that I have used. My neighbor has a 410D that I use frequently. When lifting with that, or digging roots or rocks, the boom is the least powerful function (as it is with the 75B). Once the boom is "stalled", you can lift or pry using the bucket or crowd, and the boom would stay where you left it. That would not happen with the 75B until I made this adjustment.

Hey JB1390,

I have noticed this about my boom already. Wondering if sometime, whenever you have the time, you could share some instructions and pictures of how to do this adjustment. And the other you mentioned as well. I don't have a gage, but if I need to buy one I will. I am no mechanic, so the more you can explain, the better! I can do basic stuff and have a decent assortment of tools.

Thank you for bringing this to light for us.

I appreciate it!