New Mahindra Owner

/ New Mahindra Owner #1  

dukeyjoe

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035 HST; Long 2610, Takeuchi TL 230 Series 2, Bobcat 773F
Well boys, I just brought her home! Been up 38 hrs. straight getting her here, but worth every minute and 3 traffic jams costing me 4 hrs. I hate going through Atlanta and Chattanooga. Here is a link to the ad with 25 pics that lured me in. More pics coming. This is a unique "used" tractor, as the owner never fired her up the 4 months that he had her in the garage. I do need a manual for the tractor, though :( Flail mower has never been used and manual is taped in plastic sheath to the jackshaft. Wanted the Power Shuttle, but wife, very, happy with the Hydro :eek:
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8727249

/ New Mahindra Owner
Thanks, it even had the ag tires, I prefer:D

/ New Mahindra Owner #5  
Duke,
Many congrats! I know it will be all you want and then some. Post some pics when able and keep the commo lines open.

/ New Mahindra Owner #6  
Nice look 5035!

yeah I would have preferred powershift too, but a good deal is a good deal.

+1 on the ag tires

Looks like it found a good home.... speaking of which how does someone buy a brand new tractor and not drive it??

/ New Mahindra Owner #7  
speaking of which how does someone buy a brand new tractor and not drive it??

I guess there are many reasons. For example, my uncle bought a brand new Tundra, put it in the garage and the next day he was in the hospital with a heart attack and he never came home.

Stuff happens.

/ New Mahindra Owner
Thanks and beats me. The gentleman was 75 years old, though. Dealer that sold it confirmed it had same hours on it as when they dropped it off and put it in the man's garage. The flail mower still has all the factory paint on the y-knives. I didn't get a manual for the mower, either. The manual that was strapped to the pto shaft was for the pto shaft :(
The rear tires have fluid in them, but I forgot to ask what they used and how much was put in them. It's been raining here off and on since I got back, so haven't been able to use it. Did drive it down to the barn and the R1s printed the ground , but as wet as it is, I'm sure the R4s would have done it a bit, as well. The routing of the hydraulic lines could use some fine tuning and when they put the second remote on, the upper lift arm rubs against a bolt which marries to some kind of spacer or adapter coming out the medial side of the remote valve body. The rest of the bolts attach the hoses directly to the remote valve body, with out the spacer. Does anyone else have this same setup or a different dual remote setup? I'm wondering, if I can get rid of that extender. The pics will explain it better, but you'll have to pretend your from the "land down under" to view them :cool:

20140720_150507.jpg

20140720_150530.jpg

20140720_150449.jpg

20140720_102701-1.jpg

20140720_102718.jpg

Last edited:
   / New Mahindra Owner
Here's a side view of the beauty and the tires still had the labels on them anim_lol.gif holy-sheep.gif, I can't get the pics to orient correctly. I hate Photobucket! does anyone else use a different photo service?
20140719_173321.jpg

20140720_112357.jpg

/ New Mahindra Owner
I took a closer look. There are 2 aftermarket hoses, one that comes in under the one with the spacer and the one running up to the front inside the back right fender. They used, what appears to be a the factory hose for the one that has the spacer. It is routed between that triangular shaped body mount and the draft pivot linkage. It is rubbing on both sides. There is plenty of clearance between the banjos to mount the hose directly to the valve body, but the hose is too short to make the bend. A longer hose would allow me to re-route the hose along the other one, below all these points of contact. I'll loosen those axle bolts and try and scoot the bracket over a tad, until I take it in for it's initial service. Then I'll ask my local dealer to correct this problem. Whoever routed this must have an IQ of a nat. wedgie.gif