New Mailbox

/ New Mailbox #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If someone wrecks it, they should have to pay treble damages. )</font>***
///////////
Problem is the vandals and hit skippers are seldom if ever caught.

/ New Mailbox #22  
<font color="blue"> I don't blame the owners of the mailbox one bit
****** </font>
You're supposed drive on the road not on somebodys property so there is nothing to blame the box owner for.

/ New Mailbox #23  
Great job on the post..Last year I had my mailbox smashed by the ole drive,stop,beat with baseball bat and go) three times. (and many others have on the same road) I almost caught em one night but went inside 15 minets to soon. I now have 2 mailboxes,,one for regular mail and one filled with 67 pounds of concrete. Let em hit that one. The mail lady loved it when she saw it. but now the smashers haven't been back."yet".. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Mailbox #24  
That's a beautiful job, none barred. She must be happy now. The plow may knock the box off but I think the granite will survive.
Should somebody complain that it is too stout simply mention you will replace it when they put breakaway electric poles down the road.

All the best,
Martin

/ New Mailbox #25  
<font color="blue"> Should somebody complain that it is too stout

The plow may knock the box off </font>
<font color="red"> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ </font>
What does anybody that's not driving on the road have to complain about?
What gives them the right to run over your mail box in the first place?

I thought they were supposed to be plowing the road not plowing down mail boxes.
If the plow driver can't keep the truck on the road fire him and hire somebody that can.

I just don't see any excuse for anybody hitting a mail box.
The type and structure of the box has nothing to do with it.

/ New Mailbox #26  
A friend of mine who used to work for the town (passed away now) told me a few years ago that the plow guys have a game they play..They would plow the roads and when near a mailbox, try and get as close to it as they could because the vacuum the wing plow made as it passed by the box would suck open the door,and if there was mail in it the mail would come flying out .as we all know they sometimes would go TOO close and knock the box off. Of course it was always "accidently" hit!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ New Mailbox
Sigarms, yes it is Song Mountain. Are you from the area? We are anxiously waiting for enough snow to open. Probably another 4 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kevin

/ New Mailbox #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Great job on the post..Last year I had my mailbox smashed by the ole drive,stop,beat with baseball bat and go) three times. (and many others have on the same road) I almost caught em one night but went inside 15 minets to soon. I now have 2 mailboxes,,one for regular mail and one filled with 67 pounds of concrete. Let em hit that one. The mail lady loved it when she saw it. but now the smashers haven't been back."yet".. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
)</font>
===========
Do you have a name on the one filled with 67 pounds of concrete?
My brother suggested Connie Crete!

/ New Mailbox #30  
Not originally (sp?) from that area, but used to live in Syracuse and Watertown.

Since I didn't own a snowmobile, spent a lot of time on a snowboard in the "wintertime" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still have some good friends who live in Onieda (sp?), Liverpool, Watertown and Lake Placid, so I try to make it up at least once a year.

TRUST ME, if you ever get to live below the mason dixon line, you will never miss snow again (used to love that "lake effect" stuff, and always seemed to hit a "whiteout" just below Pulaski).

Wait, no snow up there yet???