New Massey Owner

/ New Massey Owner #1  

Wolfman

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 MF 2706E HST
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone here for all of the help I received concerning my tractor purchase.

I had posted a thread previously about help buying a 1440.

I ended up with the new Massey Ferguson 1445 Hydro w/ 1040 FEL. I purchased the tractor from Northwood Power Equipment in Northwood, NH. I have to say that I have been very pleased with my experience there, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new tractor. I was even leaning towards a New Holland, at one point, but was so impressed with the dealer that I really wanted to do business with them.

I had an old International Harvester 28 hp 2wd tractor a few years ago, and was never really satisfied with it. I sold it and waited a few years before making my next purchase. Northwood Power Equipment let me demo four different tractors, which ended up saving me from making a poor purchasing choice for my needs.

The first demo was a 1428v with backhoe. I should have realized that it would be too small for my needs, but I was really trying to watch my budget. The next one I had on demo was a 1440s with backhoe. On comparing price/specs, I felt that I wanted a little more weight and FEL power, and then was ready to make a deal on a New Holland TC40D. The owner of Northwood Power Equipment, Harold, told me to give him another shot and sent over an Agco ST45 Hydro, and a Massey Ferguson 1445 powershuttle. This seemed like the perfect tractor for my needs - and we opted to go with the hydro. I have no regrets going with the Massey over New Holland, and feel as though I got a much better tractor for the money.

I could have saved a little money by taking the Agco ST45 instead of the Massey 1445, but I felt for resale I would be better off with the Massey Ferguson brand name instead of Agco (I didn't even know what Agco was when I first started looking into compacts a few years ago).

Anyway, thanks again for all of your help with this big purchasing decision.

BTW - Tonester, I'm hoping to get a chance to check you guys out at the Red Blazer sometime (We have a 9 mo. old boy and it is hard to get out at night sometimes!!).

Thanks again...

/ New Massey Owner #2  
Wolfman:

Maybe a name change "Masseyman" kind of got a nice little ring to it huh??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrads on the new tractor sure sounds nice, maybe a pic or two?? Now Tonester will have someone to talk Massey with and I've herd thru the grap vine that if you want to turn that tractor into two tractors ask Tonester it's my understanding his farm grows tractors very well!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Whiskey

/ New Massey Owner
I am going to take some pictures and post them this weekend.

It's a shame, I've been so busy that I have hardly had any seat time in it (though, I go out and admire it every chance I get!!).

/ New Massey Owner #4  
Bravo!!!! Another New Hampshire Massey owner! We'll convert 'em yet.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just hit 60 hours on my 1433, as you remember bought it only five weeks ago at Northwood! We really put our equipment through its paces here, even the fellas at Northwood were surprised we got to 50 so quick. I am extremely happy with this machine, and know you will love it. Maybe we'll bump into each other at the dealer buying replacement pins! I just gave up and bought a whole pile of everything (I swear I lose one a day!) Just my usual clumsy self...

Anyway, quit your day job and get out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif