New Massey Owner

/ New Massey Owner #1  

willysmb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1736
Bought my first Massey today. I pick it up next week after they have finished with the hydraulics. IMG_3059.JPG

/ New Massey Owner #2  
Very nice.. what is the model?

/ New Massey Owner #3  
Congratulations, very nice. Enjoy your new tractor.:cloud9:

/ New Massey Owner #5  
I think all Massey's are made by iseki in Japan. Very well made.

/ New Massey Owner #7  
Are you getting the snowblower (attached in the photo) too?

/ New Massey Owner
Are you getting the snowblower (attached in the photo) too?

No, I tried to argue that when I purchased the tractor I assumed that came with it, but he wasn't buying it haha. At the moment, I don't have that much snow removal to do so I will likely just do it with my quad and the plow that is on it. I spent lots of time debating a large tractor vs small & cab vs no cab & hST vs power shuttle. In the end, I decided to go with the smaller HST to start and then purchase a larger power shuttle cab tractor down the road if I felt the need arrives. I plan to purchase more acreage and build a house in about 5 years. This one should be paid off well before then, and give me the opportunity to get the cabbed snowblower tractor at that time if needed.

/ New Massey Owner #9  
That is a very rational plan. The 1736 is a great all-around machine. Big enough to have a 3 range HST instead of 2 is important I think. Nice simple FEL controls that work right instead of complicated fancy stuff. Snobdds is right, from what I heard from dealers, that they are made in Japan. That tends to be a good thing. You can find out for sure by looking at the nameplate on it when you get it home. A lot of MF owners who bought new over the last 10 years were hoping that the newer series (4600, 4700) would be influenced by the better reliability and fewer quality control issues from the factory in Japan on smaller ones like the 1736. I'm not sure if the jury is in yet about that regarding the 4600 and 4700 series. I do know first hand that the QC coming out of the Brazil factory on my 2660 was awful.

/ New Massey Owner #10  
Looks like the 1736 has a Mitsubishi engine not Iseki. Also a very very good engine though.