New Max series...

/ New Max series... #261  
PSUTundra said:
Anyone run the Max 28xl with the Mahindra pallet forks? Would like to get opinions on both the real lift and the use of the implement particularly the ability to use it on the loader and the 3PH.

I have that setup. It is great. The only negative, is the weight of the forks. I think they are 350lbs. As they are rated for 2500lbs capacity, they are over-designed for the max28. However, that has not been a problem for me. Just reduce your lift expectations by the weight of the forks and you will be pleased.

They are made by kodiak, and you could verify weight through them (I haven't). Northern tool also has a set like that, which is where the weight is listed. Once you pay shipping for northern tool, there is no advantage. I bought RFM 60" and PForks through my dealer.

/ New Max series... #262  
Well I was more worried about if the 25 would be heavy enough to not be light on the front end with a 5 foot BH on the 3 pt. But I suppose if I left the loader on it would be fine
What do u think?
You would want the loader attached if you have anything heavy on the back. No doubt the Max28 is a little more tractor than the Max25. A little heavier, bigger tires, a little longer, etc. If you are worried (justified or not) that the Max25 is marginal, just get the Max28 and don't sweat it. But either will run a standard duty 5' rotary pretty well.

/ New Max series... #263  
You would want the loader attached if you have anything heavy on the back. No doubt the Max28 is a little more tractor than the Max25. A little heavier, bigger tires, a little longer, etc. If you are worried (justified or not) that the Max25 is marginal, just get the Max28 and don't sweat it. But either will run a standard duty 5' rotary pretty well.
Once again thanks for the insight Dave I do appreciate it. It's not at all that I think the Max25 is marginal,on the contrary there's a lot of things I like about the 25 including the Mid PTO. I just want to make sure I get enough tractor this time and not make the same mistake twice.

/ New Max series... #264  
I hope to head out to a dealer this week to actually put my hands both a Max 25 and a 28XL. I think that, more than anything will give me a better idea about things.

/ New Max series... #265  
I hope to head out to a dealer this week to actually put my hands both a Max 25 and a 28XL. I think that, more than anything will give me a better idea about things.

Get the 28xl and don't look back.

/ New Max series... #267  
It has done everything I have ask of it and sometimes more. I just have to remember that it is a small tractor and try not to exceed the recommend uses. I'm very happy.

/ New Max series... #268  
Should be picking up my 28XL w/fel, belly mower and tiller tomorrow! Ready to get off of the '99 model Gravely I've been using and getting the crap beat out of me.

Ls

/ New Max series... #269  
Should be picking up my 28XL w/fel, belly mower and tiller tomorrow! Ready to get off of the '99 model Gravely I've been using and getting the crap beat out of me.

Ls

How much did the dealer get out of you for all that? If I go with the Max 28XL that is probably the package I'll choose. May be less the belly mower I keep flip flopping on that aspect. Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!

/ New Max series... #270  
Are you that fellar on youtube.

Yes sir. I appreciate everyone that watches. I'm in transition to another store that I think I will really enjoy better so you will see many more youtube videos soon.