New member and 2017 XR3135H owner

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #1  

ozarkxr3135

Tractor
LS XR3135H
I compared a dozen or so models in the Compact Utility Class, 30 to 40HP range. As my knowledge grew, I could clearly identify Tractor that would best meet needs. After almost 2 years of research including numerous threads on TBN, I purchased our first tractor.

I chose a 2017 LS XR3135H with a Titan 1200 Series, 60 Rotary Cutter from Riggs Outdoor of Arkansas. I知 looking forward to exchanging useful information with my peers as my experience with this machine increases over time and learning from all of you and your experiences.

Attachments

• TBN01.jpg
    TBN01.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 165
  • TBN02.jpg
    TBN02.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 172
   / New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #2  
Welcome! This is a wonderful forum with friendly and very knowledgeable members that are always ready to share. I am also a new XR3135HC owner with no prior tractor experience. Guess we will learn together.

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #3  
Awesome!

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #4  
I compared a dozen or so models in the Compact Utility Class, 30 to 40HP range. As my knowledge grew, I could clearly identify Tractor that would best meet needs. After almost 2 years of research including numerous threads on TBN, I purchased our first tractor.

I chose a 2017 LS XR3135H with a Titan 1200 Series, 60 Rotary Cutter from Riggs Outdoor of Arkansas. I知 looking forward to exchanging useful information with my peers as my experience with this machine increases over time and learning from all of you and your experiences.

Since I live in the far north, I am shut down 'til May. No playing on the tractor unless some snow piles need removing. Had some playtime on the backhoe and a little on the loader. No experience as yet, on the box blade.

Lots of videos out there on using all the different attachments too. Not the same as actually doing but good info.

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #5  
:welcome: to TBN.
Nice..darn nice setup enjoy.

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #6  
Hey guys, newbie to tractors too. 2 months ago I bought the LS 3140. :) I regreted that I didn't put a 3rd function and a diverter valve on the loan package, and now that I need it I have to pay them cash :(

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner
Thank you all who have replied to my first post. I am looking forward to discovering what all the Bells and Whistles on the "XR" actually do. It would seem that I am not alone in my bewilderment on how the owners manual explains some of the many features and functions on this wonderful machine.

Last edited:
   / New member and 2017 XR3135H owner
Hey guys, newbie to tractors too. 2 months ago I bought the LS 3140. :) I regreted that I didn't put a 3rd function and a diverter valve on the loan package, and now that I need it I have to pay them cash :(

Do you have an XR or the XG? I was quoted $1000 to add the 3rd function valve on my XR. I would like to get a "Wicked Grapple" someday and having the 3rd function valve, would certainly make its operation more intuitive. However due to the infrequency of its usage, I will probably use one of the two rear remotes. I realize it will be awkward, but to save a $1000... I will make it work.

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #9  
Do you have an XR or the XG? I was quoted $1000 to add the 3rd function valve on my XR. I would like to get a "Wicked Grapple" someday and having the 3rd function valve, would certainly make its operation more intuitive. However due to the infrequency of its usage, I will probably use one of the two rear remotes. I realize it will be awkward, but to save a $1000... I will make it work.

sorry, I just saw your reply.
I bought the XG3140. What I regret is that I did not out the 3rd function or the remotes on my loan and now I have to pay cash for them. My dealer quoted $799 for the 3rd function but I do not think that includes labor.

Anyway the grapple is a MUST! And because I do not have that much money I started the design of one, and planing to built it next month. Check it out here . Its not the wicked one, but wicked was my model as its geometry fitted my needs. The design is not complete yet, I am making some last minor improvements until I will get my plasma cutter. I also consider replace the nice tines that I have with ones made by 3.5" flat bar and just add bracing to the vertical "posts", It will save a lot of material as I will not have to cut them from a sheet. Anyway, I have a post at the BIY forums, i will post the updates there

About the 3rd function, I am researching a DIY way to do it. Even $799 sound too much. Its just an extra valve, a switch that mounts on the joystick, and the hoses. I may loose the warranty, but I will research my options. If I need the warranty for something important I hope that I can remove the 3rd function before I take it back to the leadership. If I can make a 3rd function with half the cost, I will do it.

/ New member and 2017 XR3135H owner #10  
Congratulations and welcome. You'll find that there's many people that are happy to help on here and don't sugar coat things. I've learned a lot on here that's not limited to tractors. Make sure you branch out past our little part of the forum. I have the Wood's third function on my tractor for my grapple so if you guys need pictures or anything I'll see you what I can do.