New member in VA

/ New member in VA #1  

howie70

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
Been lurking for a while and reading up on things. Have had a couple tractors in the past. A Ford 9N and then a Massey Harris MF50. Due to unfortunate circumstances several years ago I had to sell and have been without a tractor for the past 6 years. That will change tomorrow. I am having a new Kubota BX2370 with MMM, FEL delivered. I am like a kid at Christmas time. I wanted a compact tractor even when I had the others. Finally biting the bullet and doing it. Already have lots of jobs planned for it.

/ New member in VA #3  
Welcome to TBN:welcome:

/ New member in VA #4  
Welcome to TBN, the VA membership is quite active of late!

/ New member in VA #6  
Welcome howie70! Also in the Valley... Near Staunton. My CUT is green, but they are all a barrel of fun... And essential if you own land. Rain today damaged my gravel drive, so I'll be out with the box blade as soon as it dries a bit. We had 4.5 inches. Ideally I'd have like to have some of that held until June when it is really needed... But the drought seems over.

/ New member in VA
Thanks everyone. DKCDKC....we're practically neighbors! No implements for mine yet, other than the FEL & MMM. I have about 4-1/2 acres of mostly wooded land. A bush-hog and a box blade is on my wish list if I can pick them up used and reasonably priced. Had a box blade for my Massey. It worked wonders on my driveway. Desperately needs some work now. Neighbor has a 4' box blade he said I can use. That will help.

/ New member in VA #8  
Welcome to TractorByNet. :tractor:

/ New member in VA #9  
Welcome to TBN.

/ New member in VA #10  
I keep my eye on auctions and the paper - and Craigslist - for implements when I need them. Got my BB from Shenandoah County guy thru CL, got a rock or landscape rake at a rental company auction, got my rotary cutter used from a dealer, and a rear blade and wagon from neighbors. The tractor came from James River, the JD dealer in Fishersville. I find used is good and but a fraction of the cost of new. Most tractor implements are open books as to conditions, and usually great for average part time users. I've yet to have any problems with any. Enjoy your new SCUT. Watch out for those Valley slopes until you get used to it. Compact tractors are not a stable as the old ones you've used before.