Buying Advice New member needs advice.

/ New member needs advice. #11  
<font color="red"> The 1445 is around the same size as the 1430, but a lot more umpf! Talk to Charlie... </font>
Actually, the 1445 is bigger and heavier than my 1845, which is similar configuration but bigger than the 1430. Don't hold me to this, but I think the last two numbers are horsepower (except the 1850 and 1460, which have 65 - got that now?), and the second number is the number of wheels. I don't know what the first one is. The point is they are not a linear progression in size as the numbers increase.
For field work, the 1845 is great, and an 1850 even better. They are also competent in loader work, etc. My perfect combination, had I the funds, would be a 425 and 1850. If I only could have one of the two, it would be the 425. There are few things I can do with my 1845 that a 425 won't do in a bit more time, and the 1845 just won't fit some places the 425 handles with aplomb. I had to buy a lawnmower after I found the 1845 a bit too clumsy for tight places.

/ New member needs advice. #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Some guys on here were considering the 1430 and went to the 1445 instead. If you have the funds, this is a smart choice. The 1445 is around the same size as the 1430, but a lot more umpf!)</font>

Same physical dimensions, maybe, but let's not forget the weight factor here. While the 1430 and 1445 may have a similar "footprint," the 1445 is going to leave a much deeper print. It weighs in at 1,400# MORE than the 1430 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. That's like having a 425 sitting dead weight on the ROPS of a 1430 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. In round figures:
  • PT 425 1,400#
  • PT 1430 2,600#
  • PT 1445 4,000# )</font>

Here's something to get the juices flowing. I was surfing around some Deutz sites and found specs for 2011 series engiens witch are taking the place of the 1011f series. Kind of exciting that the 3 cyl. 45hp is only 1 inch longer than the 2cyl. 30 hp. Same width and height. Would only add 100+ lbs..If the pumps could handle the extra horsepower the 1430 might turn into a beast.

OK guys, start talking me out of this foolishness now befor I get to serious and blow a lot of money. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ New member needs advice. #13  
Thanks Charlie. The 1845 is what I was thinking of: /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jim!

/ New member needs advice. #14  
<font color="blue"> OK guys, start talking me out of this foolishness now befor I get to serious and blow a lot of money. </font>

Why would we do that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New member needs advice. #15  
<font color="blueclass=small">( <font color="blue"> OK guys, start talking me out of this foolishness now befor I get to serious and blow a lot of money.) </font>

Why would we do that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>

MossRoad, I sent you an email at your e-mail address listed on your website.

/ New member needs advice.
Gee! When my wife and I went to Thayer in October it cost each of us more than double the $320. Where did you leave from. We left from Sacramento.

/ New member needs advice. #17  
I answered you and will be sending a PM to you here as well. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New member needs advice. #18  
We left from Sacramento also. Jet Blue was running a special promotion, but their regular price looked pretty good too. The two problems are that Tazwell is a long drive from Dulles Int'l (about six hours of Interstate driving), and the Jet Blue flights are "red eyes."

/ New member needs advice. #19  
Hey Bagtic. I have been a little lax in reading posts here for a few weeks and just saw this one. By all means make the pilgrimage to Tazewell to check the 425 and 1430 out side by side. Still, if you want another opportunity to check out a 425 closer to home, I have one available for inspection in Bolivar, Mo. Just about a two and a half hour drive west. If you wait until spring, I will let you mow to your heart's content.

David