New member of the Cub Cadet Club.

/ New member of the Cub Cadet Club. #11  
I tried mine a couple of times, but it always left some grass trapped in certain areas. That grass stayed wet and I was concerned about eventual rust. Now I just blow it out with compressed air after mowing and powerwash twice a year. Keep the spindles full of grease. OT., hey Boobytrap; nice silverhawk.

/ New member of the Cub Cadet Club. #12  
I lean a little like you GRB, I haven't attempted deck removal yet, but I'm thinking a once a year removal and thorough cleaning before winter storage and we'll be just fine. Sometimes you just can't beat hard work and elbow grease. Usually if it's "easy", it's not quite good enough. Yepper, it's a 55 President Speedster. Dad always had Studes growing up, and that one is my dream car. He had it from 56-64, I was sick when he got rid of it. I got my license in '67. I begged him to keep it, but alas, it was not to be, so now it's aDodge p/u for me. Such is life. LOLOLOLOL

/ New member of the Cub Cadet Club. #13  
Too bad your dad sold it. Had a buddy in college with one. Looks like it's an old school cruiser, but that little V-8 would get it. His was white and red. The deck removal is really easy. Maybe the best engineering done by Cub on the new tractors. Actually takes about 5 minutes to remove. Heavy mother though. Takes some umph to move it around.

/ New member of the Cub Cadet Club. #14  
About the Studes ... have a buddy that is a diehard Studebaker man. He and his dad both are fanatics over Studes. They wheel and deal at a lot of the antique car shows. I am sure they go to the big one in Moultrie Ga every year. Food for thought if ya get serious about wanting to find one. If you can't find one at Moultrie, let me know and I can try to locate him. Hope you have better luck with your Cub than mine has been .... LOL!

/ New member of the Cub Cadet Club. #15  
Well so far rlf, I'm only up to 23 hours, but all is well, I haven't had the melting problem, not even warpage. I'm watching it close, as all these posts have me wondering. I do make sure to keep that flywheel screen cleaned each and every time I shut it down. I'm well pleased at this point. If it changes I'll let ya'll know. Thanks for the Stude info, but at this point in life, I like to look at those old cars, but kinda like kids to me, I let everyone else have them.