Snow New member - Rear Mount Snow Blower for 2615 HST

/ New member - Rear Mount Snow Blower for 2615 HST #11  
The value of belonging to this net cannot be overstated! Lots and lots of useful information; thanks!

I digress towards metal fabrication a bit...

I have a 1/8th mile-paved driveway; we usually get heavy-wet snow (off the Pacific) that sticks around for a week at a time.

I ran a 48" Warn blade on my ATV for 11+ years; I used it for nearly everything until I bought my 3016 (12 years of mini-ranch vendettas being solved.....).

I was thinking about mounting a blade to my 3016, but funds....., so I recently moved the Warn blade assembly from my ATV to my RTV500; I had to re-size the mount, chop the blade-arms down to size and re-weld, modified the attack angle, and I modified the angle-locking lever, but it all works OK.

I would send pics of the new mount (if anyone was interested) but my welds look more like an obsidian field (1 hour of welding=2 hours of grinding-down the scabs). :mur:

/ New member - Rear Mount Snow Blower for 2615 HST #12  
When I began reading this thread, It didn't dawn on me, in a couple of days I was going to have 6" of snow on my 1/3 mile gravel driveway. This is a very rare event for southern Oregon, and probably the first time in almost 25 years at my house.

I have a loader, and a 7' rear angle blade, but I already had my 7' landscape rake with gauge wheels on the 3 point hitch. Because it was quite cold, I decided to see what I could do with the loader, and the rake.

It just took a couple of passes in either direction to clear 90 percent of the snow. The only problem I had, and have with the Bush Hog blade; the tines in the middle of the rake sit lower to the ground when the position lever is fully down. I believe it is due to the extra weight there because of the yoke assembly. Nevertheless, I was quite satisfied to get the job done without changing to the angle blade; which has no gauge wheels, and would not have given such a smooth surface.

/ New member - Rear Mount Snow Blower for 2615 HST #13  
Greetings all,

I have a 54 inch rear mount blizzard blower that is a snap to install. Standard three point attachment that lines up pretty easily and once you have installed it a couple of times, we only. Review the manual as a check list confirmation when complete.

The dealer (Klems) talked me into the rear mount and he was dead on accurate. Although looking behind you takes some getting used to, having the front end loader bucket on to "clean up" after blowing works awesome. After blowing a quick scrape with the bucket results in exposed black top, and since I live on a steep hill, I need the driveway clear to the paving to make it up the hill in my car.

I am working on the rear lighting though as blowing at night with low light is problem. Regardless of the price difference between the front or rear mount, having the loader available is huge....

Best regards,

Joe