/ New Member #1  

WoodnPeg

Tractor
Allis-Chalmer
I live in Iowa on 2.8 acres, but still try to find time to maintain my parents' 80 acre farm as well, along with my full-time job. Keeps me busy. I lived in northeast Missouri until I was 15, and have lived in south central Iowa ever since. I worked on a custom hay hauling crew when I turned 14 and have been around tractors for many years. I have also been salvaging lumber from old, non-restorable barns for many years. I have always felt that, if the structure cannot be repaired, the materials that created it should be given another purpose, instead of burned or bulldozed. I really like what the Iowa Barn Foundation has done to preserve the barns here in Iowa.
I don't know if this will go out to the correct forum, but I have a question regarding a manufacturer out of Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin called James Manufacturing. Besides farm equipment, the company also built barns. They were called "Jamesway" barns. They wrote books and pamphlets on how to build a dairy barn, as well as actually building custom barns for farmers around the Midwest. I am doing research for the Iowa Barn Foundation to write an article about the Jamesway barns that were specifically built in Iowa. I would really like to talk to anyone that could remember if their barn or their parents', relatives', or neighbors' barn in Iowa had been built by the Jamesway Company.
My phone number is 515.681.7666 or you can reply here, as well.

Thank you for any help.