/ new member #1  

Clydes

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 6530/Kubota L3400
I've been visiting this site for a couple years now, and thought I should finally join. I'm wondering if anyone has seen the new 6530 Branson, looking to trade my 4720 package in for the new 6530. I've been in it, drove it, but looking for opinions from others who may have tested it out. Thanks

/ new member
well, I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. The local dealer had one on his lot for a day just for show, and I was able to put it to the test, what a amazing tractor. Should have it on Monday, so a full review and pictures hopefully Tuesday

/ new member #3  
Did you trade your 47 in?

/ new member
Yeah, I'm going to trake it in. I'm trying to find a smaller tractor to put a 4' bush hog on for cutting my trails, but after riding in this thing, can't see myself getting on the 4720 much

/ new member #5  
How about a review on your 4720. How long have you had it? How many hours? It might help someone looking at them. I have a 3510 and it is awsome. It's really more than I need but I will make do! tim

/ new member
I liked the 4720, it is a strong work horse! I don't know the exact hours on it, as I kept having hour meter issues, after cutting 19 acres, it only put 1.5 hours on it, and it takes a lot longer then 1.5 hours to cut 19 acres with a 6' cutter, when they finally got the new dash to fix it, it said 79 hours, but looking at the rate of hours it would add and the amount of work I've put it through I would guess it was more in the 179 range, so, the new meter shows 10 hours, and I know I've done a whole lot more then 10 hours on it, I was pulling a hay trailer for8 hours each weekend day last week, plus my 2000' driveway I put in. There is a issue with it, but I haven't heard of anyone else having these issues. I hope the 6530 isn't that way. I have the forks for the 4720 and it didn't seem to pick up much at all weight wise, but sure did dig good. I was hoping to keep it for getting into the woods, but a 4720 and a 6530 costs a little to much for a trail cutter. Love that tractor though

/ new member
I'll let you know how the B3.3 does, it seemed to run a lot smoother then the 4720's engine. The inside of the cab on the 6530 is just amazing! I have to learn a lot on the controls, that's for sure. Auto PTO function, Independent PTO, has a memory function of where your 3pt hitch is so when you are cutting, get to the end of the row, flick a switch up and it raises it, turn around and flick it down and it will put it in the same position, no guessing. Plus is has a nice hydraulic arm on the back so when you back up to hook up, you don't have to get back into the tractor if you need to lift your arms up a bit, or lower them, you can just use the lever behind the tractor to lift or lower, plus a 7 way plug which will be nice for the dump trailer, 4 hydrualic hook ups, quick release arms for easy connection. We'll find out Monday as I get it at 5 pm, then I'll be discing a field for planting hay, look forward to that