New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP

/ New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP #1  

RonR

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 BX2200
Coming back from Kansas City today, I was passed by a Dodge dually pickup with a BRAND NEW BX2200 and FEL (not even any dust in the bucket) in the bed of the pickup!

That makes mute all the arguements of how many chains to use, right? His tailgate was up, so not sure if that truck has tie downs in the bed or not. If not, he must have just backed it in and closed the tailgate and called 'er good! The FEL bucket was sticking out over the end gate. Obviously, he didn't have a MMM or other attachments in the pickup..............

Don't guess he's been following the 2 vs 4 chain discussions going on here, right?

Best wishes,
Ron

/ New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP #2  
Dodge's do have tie downs in the floor

/ New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP #3  
You can't beat a dodge with a turbo diesel.

The tie points are fairly stout at each corner of the bed, down at the bottom.
I don't think I would want to rely on those tie points in an accident.
Also loading it must have been fun. These things are pretty tall so a set of ramps is often at a pretty steep angle.

Fred

/ New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP #4  
I agree: too tall, as I need a chair to get in/out of the boss's new dodge dually.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif they do ride 10 times better than a chevy, but about same as old fords, haven't ridden in NEW ford in a LONG time. boss aws afraid to test drive the fords as he already commited to the dodge lol... he traded 2 chevys for the dodge, the chevys were only a years or so old. best deal he ever got for a dam old chevy too! the one had front end out less than 40K (yep just over the warrenty peroid and dealer wanted almost 7K for a fix! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'll never own one of them either! lol

Mark m

/ New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP #5  
<font color="blue"> You can't beat a dodge with a turbo diesel. </font>

But you CAN beat it with a Ford or Chevy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New method to secure CUT--load it in your PICKUP #6  
There is a major difference in the new Fords. My personal opinion is the new Ford has the best ride right now. I would not say that about the 2003 and earlier though.

As far as putting a tractor in the back of a pickup and not tying it down is not a good idea, it won't go anyplace until you have an accident and you would be surprised how far it can go. I don't know if there a rating on the tie downs of the pickup, but if I remember right the rating is not that high. Just me thinkiing I guess.

murph