New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #21  
I would be willing to do without the suspension and the four-wheel steering. Tractors don't have these features. The Toolcat even without them would still be a big improvement on a CUT. I would, however, like to see a loader capacity of at least 1300 lbs.

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would be willing to do without the suspension and the four-wheel steering. Tractors don't have these features. The Toolcat even without them would still be a big improvement on a CUT. I would, however, like to see a loader capacity of at least 1300 lbs. )</font>
Suspension and 4-wheel steering are two of my most appreciated features for getting around the varied terrain and bumpy trails on my farm, and working comfortably in tight spots! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Remember the Bobcat Toolcat aims to provide what loaders, attachment carriers (ie, CUTs), pickup trucks AND high-end UVs do, all in one machine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #23  
To trim cost, I would suggest the following:

Lower max travel speed and perhaps simpler or no gearbox.
Simpler suspension (but not zero suspension). Could be solid axles front and rear.
Less power / smaller engine.
Gas power instead of Diesel.
Air-cooled?
Keep all-wheel steer, but make it full-time via simple mechanical linkage. Mostly needed for front-mount mowing.
Smaller frame, wheels, and tires.
Lower load rated tires.
Manual dump (or even no dump) on cargo box (power dump at extra cost option).
Regular seats (suspnesion seats as extra-cost option if desired).
Fewer all-wheel drive modes (if that deletes any control valves, etc).
No heater (add back as extra cost option if desired).
No A/C (add back as extra cost option if desired).
No doors or cab glass (add back as extra cost option if desired).
Less computers / electronics
Smaller fuel tank.
Smaller hydraulic oil tank.

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model
Good list, and I'm sure some of the suggested changes will be implemented for the smaller Toolcat.

But Bobcat already has kept Toolcat design and manufacturing costs low by using proven components previously tested in other Ingersoll-Rand equipment. And Bobcat Company has already invested in or purchased much of the 4-wheel steer technology for use in its Toolcat work machines, A300 AWS loader and VersaHandler telescopic tool carriers.

I'd bet Bobcat Company already has vendor agreements with the makers of the advanced magnetic speed and wheel position sensors to cover upcoming model expansion. So it might be just as expensive to go back and integrate simple mechanical linkages into the smaller Toolcat as it would be to keep more of the current Toolcat design and advanced electronics intact on a smaller scale!

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #25  
BrianSouthernMD said:
Expect more details soon.

Do you have any details?