New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma

/ New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma
Rob, you made me laugh! I also never throw out what I think I may be able to use again. The big difference here is, you turn it into something useful and professional looking.
Nice work, well done!

lol... that is funny...
I'm a real cheapskate when it comes to throwing stuff out. IF there's a chance I could use it for something, or IF it's big enough to be cut into some else, I save it. hahaha
You might remember I also used the other broken scarifier shanks to beef up my drag links on the Kama.

Last thing I wanted was to mount DPOCV's to those side link cylinders.
You might remember I bought a bunch of them from Mark at CCM for my other projects? Well, the problem is these are Metric. The tubing is Metric and the Banjo bolts are parallel BSP. The inlet and outlet on the valve body tapered BSP ... nice. I can get adapter fittings for that stuff, but the biggest problem is they are too long for the ports on the side link cylinders I bought. There is only so much room for adjustment by shortening threads and cutting of the banjo tubes before you get into the spring loaded check valve mechanism. The last photo shows the assembly at it's shortest vs the ports on the cylinders.
I will have to think what to do about this one a little.
Rob-

Well, enough about that lousy DPOCV for now, it hurts my brain.
I got to making a bracket to hold the new SV Valve. I used a bolt pattern that was on the Jinma originally for her handle and made the bracket to fit that. Oh, also painted them yellow to match her tractor.

So this is how that bracket and valve turned out mounted on her Jinma.
Now I have to wait for Surplus Center to send the Power Beyond sleeve and also for all the Discount Hydraulics fittings and hose. They should all arrive next week. It's supposed to rain again so I can work on this project and maybe the Air compressor and air lines in the shop too?
More to come later...
Rob-

Hello Richard,
They haven't arrived yet as far as I know.
Right now I'm down in my Rancho home and won't be back up in 3R until tomorrow. I hope some are there by then. I know some of the BSP parts will be back ordered. They didn't send me a tracking number so I have no idea. On the other hand, there are other things (a lot of them) I can work on instead.:)

I'm getting some slow response from Discount Hydraulics.
In checking my order(s) on their website, 7 pieces are on back order and the other stuff shows it has been shipped. However, I don't have any tracking information yet. I placed the original order on 2/16 and received an email on 2/17 that some parts were back ordered. Since then, the parts that were in stock supposedly have shipped. I can only guess when their stuff will arrive.
On the other hand, Surplus Center already sent me the Power Beyond sleeve and "O" ring kit. They turned that around right away. I got their stuff before I left 3R last week!

Here's the list now:
DONE-Add a Filter Minder gauge for the air filter.
DONE-Reposition grapple on the bucket so it will shut better & also move it forward to the tooth bar tips.
DONE-Replace all the Chinese hydraulic valves with a new 4 spool Prince SV.
STARTED-Add Top and Tilt with 2 hydraulic side links and DPOCV's on all cylinders.
-Add tool box(es) (including the ones Larry gave me a couple years ago).
-Add 2 new rear remotes (replacing one that doesn't work)
-Add FEL stabilizers from the uprights to the rear end.

New to the list are:
-Fill tires
-Add Cup Holder
-Add Fire Extinguisher

/ New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma #17  
Rob, That Prince spool valve: is that to operate the garpple, or the FEL also? The DPOCV: is the purpose to convert the hose thread or are they valve? Richard

/ New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma #18  
Rob,

Cool thread. It's always fun to see your projects and how you come up with ways to make your tractors better!!!

What's really impressive is how close you matched the paint for your bracket and your tractor.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie!
I got lucky with the paint...
It's a spray paint can called "Marigold" that came out very close to Loretta's yellow. What's funny is that part of her tractor paint (loader) does not match other parts. It came like that from the factory! The two yellows are close enough for me though.:D

Richard,
The Prince 4 spool valve will not operate the grapple nor the FEL.
The Prince 4 spool valve is to operate the hydraulic top link and the 2 hydraulic side links. Then one spool is left to operate rear remotes. In reality, I will plumb the 2 side links directly to the new valve. The other 2 spools will go to 2 sets of rear remotes with quick disconnects on a bulkhead. I will use one of the rear remotes mostly for her top link which leaves the remaining one open for a hydraulic attachment on the 3pt. That one is detented so we can run the log splitter off it. However, if she doesn't need the top link on, she will 2 rear remotes available.
For example, she doesn't need the top link when using the post hole digger, back hoe or dump trailer. But of course there is no hydraulic need for those implements.

The hydraulic Dump Trailer already has a single acting valve plumbed to run it. It sits on her left rear fender and I installed that one last year.