New MT335

/ New MT335 #1  

FiveOHoss

Tractor
LS
First post, new mt335HC.....first off.....this thing is fantastic. Second, just went into regen at 12.2 hrs...give or take, thats when i saw it at least and started my stopwatch, and she stopped at 9 minutes. It definitely started earlier but thats when i noticed it. I kept the rpm's at 2400. Since I took ownership, I've tried to keep rpm's up(over 1500 but usually over 2000) until I stopped, then I'd let her idle and let the temp smooth out. Always let her idle around 1000 on start up for a few min and let her idle down around 1000 before shutting off...as recommended. I know this is pretty much a rebadged xr3135...at least that's what I've gathered. Is this normal or is there no normal regarding these things? I need to make another post with a review of this thing but I wanted to throw some hrs on her beforehand...until this random early regen. Also, I was running her pretty hard digging a slope and backstop for a shooting range...also, another thread but I was working her 10 times harder than the first 11 hours. Should I be worried or just let her eat?!?!

Attachments

• 20220611_133316.jpg
    20220611_133316.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20220627_200221.jpg
    20220627_200221.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
   / New MT335 #2  
First post, new mt335HC.....first off.....this thing is fantastic. Second, just went into regen at 12.2 hrs...give or take, thats when i saw it at least and started my stopwatch, and she stopped at 9 minutes. It definitely started earlier but thats when i noticed it. I kept the rpm's at 2400. Since I took ownership, I've tried to keep rpm's up(over 1500 but usually over 2000) until I stopped, then I'd let her idle and let the temp smooth out. Always let her idle around 1000 on start up for a few min and let her idle down around 1000 before shutting off...as recommended. I know this is pretty much a rebadged xr3135...at least that's what I've gathered. Is this normal or is there no normal regarding these things? I need to make another post with a review of this thing but I wanted to throw some hrs on her beforehand...until this random early regen. Also, I was running her pretty hard digging a slope and backstop for a shooting range...also, another thread but I was working her 10 times harder than the first 11 hours. Should I be worried or just let her eat?!?!
I don't understand, a MT335 has no regen. Mitsubishi never had it back then.

/ New MT335
This is a 2022 LS MT335HC with a 35 HP LS Mtron L3C19 engine.

/ New MT335 #4  
Just keep on working it! Sounds like the regen occurred without a glitch and completed. See when the next one happens.

/ New MT335
Roger that, I guess no harm no foul....just made me nervous. I was under the assumption it wasn't suppose to regen until around 50 hrs. Who knows, maybe I was running too low at first and babying it. I'll reply back when she regens again. Thanks LS Tractor Owner.

/ New MT335 #6  
My manual says dont run the engine wide open for the first 50 hours if you can help it. Not sure if yours is the same but thats about the only recommendation I would have. Check your manual for anything like that. Regen sounds fine.

/ New MT335
Thanks jchonline, I'm going to dig through the manual now and see if i missed something 👍🏻

/ New MT335 #8  
New engines always act differently. That's a nice looking tractor. Break it in the way that they suggest, treat it right and it will give you many years of service. 👍

PS: Welcome to TBN!

/ New MT335
Hey there gents, just wanted to give an update. I'm at 29 hours and haven't had a regen since the one at 12 hrs. I may have been babying her too much in the first couple weeks and clogged up the filter a little too prematurely. Ever since I've cranked her up over 1500 rpms, usually in the 17.5k+ and she's running like a champ. Just got my Piranha tooth bar after exactly 5 weeks and it's pretty sweet. I have great dirt but the new Piranha really helps cut through the deeper compact stuff. Not too mention it looks bad*ss haha(as long as I don't accidentally whack my ankle on it walking around it...damn that thing is sharp!! Like razor blade sharp!!) Here's some pics of the shooting backstop I'm digging out. I also had the rear tires filled with Rimguard. That really helped with traction. She's got more power than weight when digging. Even filled she spins all 4 wheels like nothin. When the backhoe comes in it'll help even more! I'll update again when she decides it's time for a regen. It really hurts me to crank up the throttle but hey....if that's what baby wants....nobody puts baby in the corner lol

Attachments

• 20220804_190837.jpg
    20220804_190837.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220804_192043.jpg
    20220804_192043.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 74
   / New MT335 #10  
First regen may have been from the tractor being started at the dealership and transporting it. A lot of starts, short runs, and stops. No time to heat up. No way to know how many customers wanted to start it.