New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts

/ New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts #11  
I'd leave all the troubleshooting and repairs to the dealer.

It's possible that the battery is iffy. Always the first step in tracking down things like this is to start with assessing the health of the battery (if you have a load tester then that would be a great way to find out).

/ New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts
I'd leave all the troubleshooting and repairs to the dealer.

It's possible that the battery is iffy. Always the first step in tracking down things like this is to start with assessing the health of the battery (if you have a load tester then that would be a great way to find out).

I checked the battery and it is good. I'm leaning toward it either being a computer issue or a grounding issue. I did notice there was a healthy coating of paint nearly everywhere on the frame and undercarriage of the tractor and I'm wondering if a grounding wire is not getting a good connection.

/ New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts
Yesterday I was able to spend some time looking the tractor over for any loose connections, wiring issues, etc. I started at the battery and worked my way backwards towards the ignition and the computer and I didn't find anything obvious. Right as I was about to throw the towel in I found the problem by accident. On the "passenger side" against the firewall there was a wiring harness connector that may hand bumped up against. I had left the key in the on position to help me know when/if found the problem. When I brushed my hand across this connector the tractor's dash lit up and the fuel pump cycled on briefly, which let me know something was loose. After looking into it I noticed that the harness connector was not fully seated, and it looked as if it had never been fully locked into place as a zip tie on the engine block made the harness about an inch too short. I snipped the zip tie, connected the harness until it locked, and all is now well. I'm back to putting the tractor through its paces.

/ New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts #15  
Glad you found it. Maybe you will not find any more "surprises" like this

/ New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts #16  
Best kind of wiring issues to run across!

On these tractors one has to watch out of wiring connectors and fuel lines. These things just beg to get messed with by brush and whatnot.

Be sure to let your dealer know so that they can relay it to the factory rep, and so they can put it in their prep check-list to double-check such things.

/ New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts #17  
The arm rest was one of the first things I noticed on mine too, I removed the factory right side one and installed a new adjustable set, so I have both sides now. I too had a few instances were the seat switch shut down the tractor while trying to hook up to the forks and buckets so I replaced the two bolts in the front of the seat cushion instead of messing with the wiring.
I noticed a while back that you posted that you'd replaced the stock single armrest with armrests on both sides of your NX
I think you said you have a cab model. I've got an open station that doesn't come with any armrests and I'd like to add at least one on the right side, if not both sides.
Does anyone happen to know where to get them and the part numbers?

Thanks
Bob

Last edited:
   / New NX4510 HST Initial Thoughts #18  
Glad you found that electrical problem. Those can be a real pain in the you know what. Unfortunately I had a rear main seal leak right out of the gate with my NX. Tractor had to be split. Warranty took care of that. Also had the odd loose bolt. Sure you will have hundreds of productive hours with your new machine. Have fun.