New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use?

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use?
It's a Husky saw, I bought in 1997...I think the warranty is out of play. :D

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #12  
It's a Husky saw, I bought in 1997...I think the warranty is out of play. :D

You know, I don't even know why I assumed it was a Stihl saw. Getting old is heck. I'm starting to scare myself. :laughing:

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use?
Well, I did say it was Stihl oil. Don't know why, but my Husky has always run smoother on Stihl oil than it has on anything else, including Husky oil.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #14  
If it's sealed it's still new :)

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #15  
I assume the Stihl saw is old too where warranty doesn't come into play? Stihl has a warranty thing with new saws that requires using Stihl Ultra 2-cycle oil. I was told they will test for it if the saw goes for warranty work.

Don't know who told you that but if Stihl will only warranty if you use their oil they would have to supply it for free I think.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #16  
My wife works at a stihl dealer. The ultra oil is not required but if you buy a 6 pack of the oil with your stihl, stihl will double the warranty. And no, they do not do any test for it for warranty work.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #17  
Use it. Its just fine.

Chris

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #18  
I have used 2 cyl as old as that unsealed.

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #19  
My wife works at a stihl dealer. The ultra oil is not required but if you buy a 6 pack of the oil with your stihl, stihl will double the warranty. And no, they do not do any test for it for warranty work.

Sounds like a deal to me:thumbsup:

/ New/Old Oil -- Pitch or Use? #20  
I assume the Stihl saw is old too where warranty doesn't come into play? Stihl has a warranty thing with new saws that requires using Stihl Ultra 2-cycle oil. I was told they will test for it if the saw goes for warranty work.

I didn't think a manufacturer could say what you have to use??

I know when I bought my stihl saw 8 yrs ago I think it said to use stihl oil a5 50:1 and if u use anything else I think it said to double that amount of oil!!!!