New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid

/ New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid #1  

TheShepherd

Tractor
Ventrac 4500z
Hello everyone, proud owner of a 4500z here from just up the road where they make them. Very happy so far but I have one question. How do you check the hydraulic fluid level? For the life of me I can稚 see anything in that sight tube. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any tips on being able to see the fluid level?

Thanks.

/ New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid
Thanks but I’m familiar with the manual. My issue is that I physically can’t see any fluid through the sight tube. I don’t find it to be very transparent. Maybe it’s just me I guess.

/ New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid #4  
Nope, dirty glass or yellowed plastic tube makes it impossible.
Also very full or very low still looks the same.

My way is once I know it is actually 'full' I make up a dipstick and use the fill hole to measure, (on my CUT)

/ New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid #5  
Thanks but I’m familiar with the manual. My issue is that I physically can’t see any fluid through the sight tube. I don’t find it to be very transparent. Maybe it’s just me I guess.

I didn’t go back and double check, but I think the manual was describing a dipstick to check, vs a sight glass. May be wring though.....

/ New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid
Hard for me to see but I figured it out. I just move the front hitch up and down so I can see the fluid level lower and raise. Thanks for the help.

/ New Owner/Checking hydraulic fluid #7  
Sorry to be so slow in responding, hopefully you have it by now. I will be going from memory here, so verify with your manual. Warm the tractor to operational temp. If you have 3 point hitch, lower it fully. Raise front hitch to full up position. Turn tractor off. Raise hood and view the reserve tank and clear hose from the right side of the tractor.. The hash marks on the tank indicate the normal rang for the fluid level in the clear hose. Holding a bright flash light to the left of the hose may help. Jiggeling the hose can help you see the fluid line if your fluid is really clear. Good luck!

Rooster