Attachments

• image-3442082700.png
    image-3442082700.png
    962.6 KB · Views: 162
  • image-1382039761.png
    image-1382039761.png
    869.6 KB · Views: 146
   / New owner JD 790
About the leach field. My 790 had the #7 hoe as well. Very good for what it is. The new to me 4310 has the 47 hoe on it. Just a bit beefier. But still a kick in the a** to dig a field with it. I did about a 125' field with it and was on that thing the better part of a weekend. The guy I know who sucked my tank out before I started had a good laugh when I told him I was going to dig with the Deere. Said I'd be all weekend. I was. Oh well I told him that's all I have. Got it done but if I had to do it again there would be a mini ex rented.

Just saying...

I am prepared for the long haul! Only thing is I have a 9" and a 14" bucket both with big gnarly teeth. The trenches I need to dig will be 36" wide 2 foot or less deep if I go with an infiltrator system, 18" wide by 4 foot deep if I go with a standard pipe and rock system. No rock or dirt to get rid of with the infiltrator system. My soil is soft non compacted so perhaps a wider bucket with a knife edge would be better than the gnarly teeth 14 inch-er.

/ New owner JD 790 #13  
Forgot to put the proof pic in

Boy..that's a heck of a slope you're working on...with the ROPS down too!!
I mean..it's so steep, the houses are built on an angle!

/ New owner JD 790 #14  
I will build a gauge to check that final pressure but it will be a few days out before I get to that.

Here's a pic of the one I fixed up. The gauge was like $19, and the quick disconnect fitting and the adapter for it were about another $8 I think. Just remember when you check your pressures, you will want the engine rpm's to be pretty much maximum so you are seeing the most PSI the pump will deliver.

Attachments

• Pressure gauge 004.jpg
    Pressure gauge 004.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 133
   / New owner JD 790
Here's a pic of the one I fixed up. The gauge was like $19, and the quick disconnect fitting and the adapter for it were about another $8 I think. Just remember when you check your pressures, you will want the engine rpm's to be pretty much maximum so you are seeing the most PSI the pump will deliver.

I am assuming the fitting is not a hardware item, so where can I obtain one? And good point about the RPM. Which reminds me that the tension nuts on the manual throttle arm needs tightening as the rpm drops off on its own. Its been raining almost every time I get a chance to go out and tinker. June and its still winter here in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California. Supposed to get even more rain over the weekend.

On another note we brought in a 30 yard dumpster last weekend and I had planned to be able to drive some stumps into the back of the dumpster with the 790. Turns out the ROPS extension was to high and would not clear the upper door/wall brace of the dumpster. I did not measure if it would clear with the extension removed as at that time I had the 790 for just one day and had no clue that there was an extension in place until after I found this site and all the info on the 790's. I still have a rotted 150 foot long two foot diameter douglas fir on the ground that needs a dumpster ride. Hopefully I will be able to take out the extension and sail under the brace next time. I suppose its advisable if I drop off the backhoe that I should carry the box scrapper for ballast??

/ New owner JD 790 #16  
I think that a JD dealer can provide all the parts needed to build your gauge, but I bought my stuff from a local hydraulic repair shop. You may/may not have a hyd shop near you, but check around and see. If not, you can always order the parts online but you pretty much have to know exactly what to order then. I don't have the part number for the quick connect fitting I used, but maybe some else here can provide it?

If you do drop off the BH, you will need some ballast. The boxblade should be sufficient, but if you pick up a large chunk of wood and the back end gets light, you will know it! If so, just add more weight by whatever means you have. One quick, dirty, cheap way would be to strap down a 35 gallon drum on the boxblade and fill it with water.

I am confused on one thing though..... you refer to the "extension" on the ROPS. Do you mean the top piece on the ROPS that bolts to the two upright pieces?? If you remove that, you pretty much can't count on the ROPS to do it's job should you do the unthinkable (rollover). That's an integral part of the ROPS structure, but I understand sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

/ New owner JD 790 #18  
I am confused on one thing though..... you refer to the "extension" on the ROPS. Do you mean the top piece on the ROPS that bolts to the two upright pieces?? If you remove that, you pretty much can't count on the ROPS to do it's job should you do the unthinkable (rollover). That's an integral part of the ROPS structure, but I understand sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

The 790's ROPS has two extensions (one on each of the vertical sections) about 10" long. These are installed on the ROPS if the tractor has a backhoe. IIRC, it has something to do with clearance when that #7 'hoe is being mounted (the standard ROPS is too short and cranial injuries can occur during the mounting operation (operator is on the backhoe seat)).
So, redmtnex isn't writing about the top horizontal bar on the ROPS.

/ New owner JD 790

Roy is correct. I have the extensions that raises the horz bar for backhoe use. I would take out those extensions when the BH is off and fasten the horz bar back onto the uprights as my property is far from bing level.

The 35 gal drum is an excellent idea. I just happen to have a couple lying around!

/ New owner JD 790 #20  
RoyJackson said:
Boy..that's a heck of a slope you're working on...with the ROPS down too!!
I mean..it's so steep, the houses are built on an angle!

Well Roy. You caught me. The first owner damaged the top bar for the rops. So I've never had it. I know I know. I'm being not only cheap but stupid. Let the safety police stoning begin:-(