new owner of a BX25

/ new owner of a BX25 #11  
Uh...TripleR...The BX25 has a BH...;)

Well, I would naturally take that thing off and get it out of the way.:laughing:

Seriously though, in spite of having no real need for one, I really like TLB setups and can't keep from looking at them when I go to the dealer.

We have however reached the saturation point on tractors and have one sitting out in the weather right now that hasn't been run in months and my brother's back hoe hasn't been run in years.

Now that I think about it, I do have a small spot in the barn between our camper, FEL, box blade, fertilize spreader, air compressor...

/ new owner of a BX25 #12  
Wow!! What state do you live in? A Price like that is unbelieveable! As someone else suggested a tiller would be an excelent addition. I have a BX 23 purchased summer of 05 with 120 hrs. Now have over 1,500 hrs. When the day comes the 23 gives out I'd purchase another Kubota.:thumbsup:

/ new owner of a BX25 #14  
Congrats on the new tractor. That price sounds really good, were did you buy it? I am days away from buying either a BX2360 which some day I will add a Woods BH6000 Backhoe too or a BX25.

I just priced a BX25, FEL, BH, 3point hitch arms, 54" MMM deck, 1st service included, and it came too $18,922. I also want a 4' box blade and they quoted me $500 but I can get it for $450 at Rural King.

I don't know you financial situation, but we were planning on going with the 2660 and adding the BH later. We eventually decided to just get the BX25 right off. The 25's BH has a better fit and finish vs the aftermarket ones...:thumbsup:

/ new owner of a BX25 #15  
Well, I would naturally take that thing off and get it out of the way.:laughing:

Seriously though, in spite of having no real need for one, I really like TLB setups and can't keep from looking at them when I go to the dealer.

We have however reached the saturation point on tractors and have one sitting out in the weather right now that hasn't been run in months and my brother's back hoe hasn't been run in years.

Now that I think about it, I do have a small spot in the barn between our camper, FEL, box blade, fertilize spreader, air compressor...

Well, I don't blame you...If I had that many tractors, I don't know how I'd ever keep them busy...;):laughing: Well...If you have a space in the barn..............:rolleyes:;)

/ new owner of a BX25 #16  
When I purchased my BX 23 the BH set up was a major factor. All the after market ones that I saw involved a subframe that lowered the tractors ground clearance.

/ new owner of a BX25 #17  
The best accessories on mine are lots of yellow tape!

Explanation... for some reason, I had to watch my front wheels go in the air twice the second time I hit my garage door header before I figured it out and lowered the ROPS. So, I tied some yellow warning tape near the middle of the ROPS and loop it to the front where I can see around it but it moves when touched - to help me remember next time. I also put streamers on the pins to catch my eye when they are not in (to remember to use the ROPS after lowering).

My other tip would be to safely play with and learn the difference in effect between the brake pedal and the hydro brake. On mine the brake (in e brake lock) will bog the tractor drive on a flat but then will not hold it on a hill. It boils down to learning to go to neutral or engine off only on a flat surface - and not instinctively cutting the tractor off to hop off and move something while on a hill - the neutral required for restarts is scary!

/ new owner of a BX25 #18  
Will post a pics as soon as unit arrives. I guess I will not be selling the unit since it appears I would loose to much money. :) Thanks for the advise regarding the attachments.
Congrats on the BX25.
You will love it almost as much as I like my BX23.;):):drool:

/ new owner of a BX25 #19  
I bought mine a month ago and I am not regretting it at all. A very capable machine. There is not much that it can't do.

/ new owner of a BX25 #20  
Just purchased a BX25, which will be my first tractor. This forum helped me make my decision so I thought I would do my first post. The unit came with the standard equipment FEL, BH and 3PH. Added were a 54-inch mower deck and both turf and RT tires. The cost was 17,400, which seems like a fair price for the unit. I will be using it on 5 acres that I will be building a house on. The land is flat and has one line of trees on it so I will be doing a lot of landscaping. What other accessories would be recommended? (Fathers Day is close):)

A big conrats on the BX25 and the price :thumbsup:. Sure wish I bought one when I had the chance. Not that I am jealous or anything...:D

Bruce