New Owner Question

/ New Owner Question #1  

peb396

Tomorrow I pick up my first tractor, (Used NH TC40 ftr), and was wondering, "Does this come with a title, or just a receipt, or what?" I know I probably should have asked this question earlier, but, researching them found this quicker than expected. Any help is appreciated!

Also, any advice for first time owners is GREATLY appreciated!

/ New Owner Question #2  
congratulations. i got my first tractor in july of this year. my advise is: 1) be very conservative in what you try to do with your tractor until you get used to it, after about 30 hours, you'll get a feel of what you can and can't do with the tractor - in short it's not a do anything machine. 2) don't get frustrated with it...at first it's quite challanging putting on attachments (hooking up the PTO), using things like the FEL (be sure to use a ballast box it will make a big difference), etc. I have 67 hours on mine now and find the more hours I have the more I enjoy using it. Btw, I did not get a formal car like title - and purchased my new from a dealer.

/ New Owner Question #3  
Tractors don't have titles. Make sure you get a bill of sale to include tractor serial # and FEL serial #. Also have the current owner state that nothing is owed on the tractor.

/ New Owner Question
Thanks for the help guys!

One more question, do implements have s/n#'s as well?

/ New Owner Question #5  

Generally yes for FEL's and BH's...Sundry 3pt stuff...generally, no.

/ New Owner Question #6  

Some like cutters, mowers, tillers and such might.

/ New Owner Question #7  
Some counties do require registration of tractors. Here, it's a one-time thing, at time of purchase. Probably again each time it is sold. The argument is that it establishes legal ownership in the event of theft or the like. I personally think it's just another tax.

/ New Owner Question #8  
congratulations. i got my first tractor in july of this year. my advise is: 1) be very conservative in what you try to do with your tractor until you get used to it, after about 30 hours, you'll get a feel of what you can and can't do with the tractor - in short it's not a do anything machine. 2) don't get frustrated with it...at first it's quite challanging putting on attachments (hooking up the PTO), using things like the FEL (be sure to use a ballast box it will make a big difference), etc. I have 67 hours on mine now and find the more hours I have the more I enjoy using it. Btw, I did not get a formal car like title - and purchased my new from a dealer.

Great Advise! I couldn't agree more and not just for first tractors owners but also any new tractor purchase. Each tractor I have ever been on has it own little and sometimes big differences. SLOW IS GOOD until you get a feel for everything.:D Congratulations on your purchase and hope it serves you well for many years!....... Mine came with just a sales receipt.