New Owner- Used Kubota B7200HSTD- Hydraulic Questions

/ New Owner- Used Kubota B7200HSTD- Hydraulic Questions #1  

tealetm

Tractor
Kubota B2601
Hi all- I just bought a house and also just bought a well used Kubota B7200HSTD (very early serial number).

I'm slowly going through the tractor getting familiar with it and getting it ready to work. It came with a 60" MMM which I've already taken off and tuned up so to speak.

Anyway, I have some hydraulic questions for you guys which I hope you can shed some light on and educate me a bit. Hold on, this is going to be wordy and confusing to read. There are really two separate issues:

1) The 3pt hitch: It works great. Up, down, etc. I've found the valve that adjusts the speed that the hitch lowers at (which does help because it was barely lowering to begin with). The hitch raises just fine (almost too fast actually), but its lowers on its own and you have to hold the lever up. That is, unless you "lock" the lever in the fully raised position (which constantly makes the arms lift even if they are already raised- why would you want this?) So here's my real question- the lever/valve on the right of the seat which control the height seems loose, and the handle "falls" to the low position if you don't hold it. Is this a symptom of the hitch lowering, or is the handle lowering causing the hitch to lower? Is there a way to tighten this up? Also, if you raise the hitch quickly the pump almost makes a grinding noise- whats that all about? I'm sure its not good and I'm unsure if its unrelated. The hydrostatic runs great- no noises no issues that I've noticed.

2) The tractor previously had a loader (too bad the previous owner sold it!) and the hydraulic lines are still there on the right hand side of the engine. I'm a bit lost (mostly uneducated) with hydraulics. There are three hoses in total at that location, one of which returns to the tank and the other two are hooked to eachother. There is a valve at the two hooked to eachother, I assume this cuts the fluid going to/from those two lines. If I'm not running anything on them, should I leave them as is? Valve on or off? Whats the third hose doing? Here are some photos if you can't understand my ramblings.

Faded old tractor:

Loader hookups: You can see the two hoses coming from the valve are hooked together, then the third hose is coming from the tank (heading to the pedals in the photo)

Closeup showing the valve controlling the two hoses hooked together:

And the other end of the third hose (rear of tractor is to the right in the photo):

/ New Owner- Used Kubota B7200HSTD- Hydraulic Questions #2  
If you had a loader at one time, one of the hose would be the supply/pressure, one hose would be from the PB/carryover on the loader valve, and the third would be a tank line.

The pressure line/hose and PB line/hose would be coupled together to keep the fluid flowing is a series path.