New Owner

/ New Owner
Wow, Lots of great ideas already.

First off, uses. I'll probably move a little snow in the winter with the loader, but primarily this will be a machine used in the warmer months. I also plan to garage it, so I'm not sure I'll need a block heater. I have about an acre of lawn.. surrounded by woods. My wife wants to clear more land on the perimeter for everything from lawn to garden. This is very rocky land so moving earth isn't easy, even with a loader. I also have a shallow back yard because cutting across is a rock wall. I'd like to move part of that wall back to increase the back yard. I have a gravel drive so I'll use the loader for spreading new gravel every couple of years and the box blade for levelling it off

Right now, the only things I've added to the Kubota are the loader, a 6 foot box blade, calcium in the Rears, and the mid-PTO (option on the new Grand L 30 series). I may add a belly mower later. I'd also love to add a backhoe, but can't afford that big of a bite with this package.

Lights on the ROPS sounds like a great idea, and one that I can handle myself. Hooks on the bucket is also something I had thought about, sure would help wrassling rocks out of holes.. and I didn't know you could add a toothbar to the bucket. I figured you had to buy the bucket that way!

/ New Owner
Kent Cliffs is about 60 miles north of NYC, Putnam County. I'm about 10 miles east of the Hudson River.

/ New Owner #13  
Jibber:

I have had two tractors, one with a standard loader bucket and one with a 4n1 bucket. If I were buying a new tractor, I would definitely get the 4n1 bucket. The FEL is the most useful implement you will have, and the 4n1 bucket just increases the flexibility. It allows you to use just the back of the bucket as a dozer, srape with the front, and grip things with the clamshell effect. I have used mine to move railroad ties, logs, lift stumps, grip rocks that wouldn't scoop easily, and I am still finding new uses for it. The only thing it doesn't do well is haul liquids (like watering flower beds), 'cause it leaks out of the bottom. You could add a removable tooth bar for better digging capability (haven't done that yet). You also could get a quick attach, similar to the skid steer quick attach system that would allow you to switch buckets quickly or switch to pallet forks or a grapple if you are moving a lot of brush.

Once again, if I were buying new, I would get the 4n1 bucket with a skid steer type quick attach system, as part of the initial purchase, rather than adding them on later.

Good luck with your choice(s). Welcome to TBN and keep us informed (with pictures, if possible). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ New Owner #14  
I have added Top and Tilt (a hydraulic top link and a hydraulic side link). Before I could do that, I had to add the rear remote hydraulics for it. I also didn't get a FEL when I bought the tractor and plan to add that soon. I did get a block heater with the tractor and use it a lot (including this morning). It's pretty easy to add stuff later though, and except for the FEL, the extra cost of adding it later as opposed to getting it with the tractor is not that much.