NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS
Heres what i bought myself for x mas,after a lot of research
Hope ill like it.cant wait til it comes in,note its the big one on top.It was a toss up with the HD box and this one.I went on line and looked at the HD box.It didnt have the latch mechanisms on the drawers.I thought this would be important,in case things ever get tippy,the drawers cant fly open making matters worse
At the HD website it said for warrenty information please call this number.I did that told her what i wanted,after 5 minutes she said im still researching....after 10 i hung up Ifigure if the home office,cant figure out what the warrenty is when im buying,the store wont help much when theres a probrem.I figure for the 50 bucks more im getting a better deal sticking with CRAFTSMAN.HD and their so called sales pros that i have seen anyway are not very helpful,do they train people or do they just punch them in and put a smoc on them.?..but thats on another thread..
NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH THE OLD ONE.WHOS GOT A TRADE FOR ME? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ALAN

Attachments

• 777895-new tool box (260 x 600).jpg
    777895-new tool box (260 x 600).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 485
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #12  
It's a mess but it's my mess /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Not visable are several "specialty" type mobile boxes I have setup for my trade, carpentry type work and handyman type work.

Every tool has a specific space in my toolboxes and I can easily tell when one is missing with one glance.

Volfandt

Attachments

• 777971-Toolbox 002.jpg
    777971-Toolbox 002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 444
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #13  
I like that box Alan. I happened to have a look at a large tool chest combo at Rural King the other day. I didn't like it at all. Much larger than my current set, but about the same number of drawers. It didn't have any shallow drawers, they were all deep. I like the shallow drawers for wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and 1/4 drive socket stuff. Everything lays in one layer so you can see it all at a glance. I find that the deeper drawers tend to accumulate more stuff which makes it harder to find what you need.

Nice set, post some pics once you've "moved in" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #14  
I picked up the Husky toolbox a couple of months ago. Good quality drawers and is pretty heavy duty. I'm pleased with it so far.

Kevin

Last edited:
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #15  
Here is mine. Part stanely-vidmar part craftsman. As you can see it is waitng on its new home.

Attachments

• 778328-IMG_0105 (Small).JPG
    778328-IMG_0105 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 378
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #16  
I have a Craftsman Professional 7-drawer cart. I love it. It's very sturdy and well built. The grip latch drawer locks are great. It also has a keyed lock that will lock all the drawers at once. I can't wait to get the matching chest to go on top. I really wish I had the money now because it's $250 off the regular price right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS
BOB VILLA,and TIM THE TOOL MAN TAYLOR WOULD DROOL OVER THIS THREAD!!. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
So far craftsman has been most dominant.M y favorite was that big MAC TOOL box,i would have to buy a bigger tractor to move it.wHERE ARE ALL THE husky boys,snap ons,Kennedys,oR THAT PRETTY STAINLESS FROM SAMS CLUB? Is there any homemade machinist chests to show off?
ALAN

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #18  
Here's my MATCO toolbox. It's kind of dirty...but who cares?

Attachments

• 779258-matco.jpg
    779258-matco.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 351
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #19  
Did you know that the toolboxes are about the only thing that Matco actually makes themselves; i.e., they own the actual manufacturing facility. And while there are many good box brands, and you may find one as good as a Matco, I've yet to see one that was better than a Matco, but they aren't cheap to buy.

I've seen toolboxes with bent and broken drawer guides, broken casters, bent and sagging drawers, bent metal in the bottom where the casters were attached, etc. So for anyone new to comparing boxes of any brand, I'll try to give you a few hints of what I would look for. Remember that tools are heavy, and your own tools may weigh more than you think, so you want a box strong enough for them. More strength usually means more steel which means more weight, so I look at what the the boxes weigh. Then I see if the manufacturer states what total weight the box is made for, what weight each caster is rated for, and what weight each drawer is rated for. Next I'd look at the drawer guides. Do they have roller bearings? And last, how do the latches and locks work, and what can you do if you lock it and lose the key.

Not too many years ago, most Craftsman boxes were pretty light duty. They still have some light duty ones, but they also have some pretty good ones, and of course they're priced accordingly.

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #20  
Here are some pics of my tools boxes as I was moving stuff into the garage when I finished the floor. I've attached a close-up view of my actual tool box where it was when I first moved it into the garage. I then realized it was too far from the work bench and I was spending too much time walking back and forth.

Here is how I store my hand power tools. It is a big lateral file cabinet that I had given to me. Sure is nice keep them all in there and "hidden". Power Tool Cabinet

Here is a shot of my work bench that I made. Still haven't put a bottom shelf in, but I manage to fill the non-existent shelf. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Along with the tool box in its new location. Work Bench I need to get a pic of my old wooden work bench that someone gave me. It is a really heavy one with drawers on the front. That is what I have the miter saw sitting on for right now. It'll probably eventually be the home to my small band saw and I'll get an actual stand for the miter saw.

Attachments

• 779349-000_0138.JPG
    779349-000_0138.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 386