New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep...

/ New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #11  
Thanks for the offer, but I never seem to get away very far from here.

I have heard the FPT engines are pretty solid. I know their 6.7 is pretty much on par with the ISB 6.7 Cummins.

Those wild hogs are a big problem. I even heard they are spreading up this way in my neck of the woods now. Most have been out west but there has been sightings here in Ontario.

Is this pic from the news for real? Do they really get this big? This was in Saskatchewan.

Attachments

• Boar.PNG
    Boar.PNG
    647.2 KB · Views: 58
   / New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep...
Thanks for the offer, but I never seem to get away very far from here.

I have heard the FPT engines are pretty solid. I know their 6.7 is pretty much on par with the ISB 6.7 Cummins.

Those wild hogs are a big problem. I even heard they are spreading up this way in my neck of the woods now. Most have been out west but there has been sightings here in Ontario.

Is this pic from the news for real? Do they really get this big? This was in Saskatchewan.
I imagine the hog is pretty big, but perspective on the photo looks like the guy is quite a ways behind it to make it appear bigger. Hogs are indeed coming your way...

They get a bit over 300 pounds here. And those are very rare.

Here's a big boy I got on my ranch. About 275 pounds.

T4MERfD.jpg

/ New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #13  
Holy! Ya, I bet those can be pretty dangerous. Was just reading that even our mountain lions will stay away from large boars.

/ New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #14  
Ready for work!

I'm coming from a 100hp tractor, so the extra 20 will come in handy! :cool:

210f7PB.jpg
Nice machine! I was looking at one of these...ended up going with the Workmaster 120 instead. I figure some day down the road when I have a bit more gray in my hair and NEED some of the features on that PowerStar, I'll reconsider. They sure are beautiful machines and that cab is awesome. Enjoy!!

/ New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #15  
Thanks neighbor!
Yeah, I feel for you guys and all the gun control up there. :(

I carry a rifle because I shred large, remote ranches in s. Texas, and encounter hogs and coyotes often. Literally all of my clients want me to disperse of them.
Since the cartels have free reign in border areas, lots of dangerous criminals can be found on remote ranches now as well, drug and human traffickers.
Personally, I'm always armed. Most everyone I know here is.
Yeah, it is a good idea nowadays. I have a very small farm but carry when I'm out. Too disabled to fight or run, these days. Too many issues with animals out and about...and the 2-footed type of animals aren't always on the up and up.

Nice machine! I was looking at one of these...ended up going with the Workmaster 120 instead. I figure some day down the road when I have a bit more gray in my hair and NEED some of the features on that PowerStar, I'll reconsider. They sure are beautiful machines and that cab is awesome. Enjoy!!
Thanks Mike!

I looked at the Workmaster, but went with the Powerstar only due to the hours I put in under rough conditions. Sure nothing wrong with the Workmaster either.

/ New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #17  
Thanks Mike!

I looked at the Workmaster, but went with the Powerstar only due to the hours I put in under rough conditions. Sure nothing wrong with the Workmaster either.
Yup, absolutely would have considered the PowerStar if I spent more time out in the fields and if I were a more tractor experienced. My WM120 is my first tractor purchase, just been at the farming biz for several years now and think I'm too "new" to buy a luxury tractor without feeling guilty. <haha>

My neighbors would have given me hell over buying a luxury tractor. They've been farming for generations and still run the machines they inherited. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm coming from a different direction and deal support and warranty mean a great deal. So the WM was the least conspicuous of the options, buying new. I mean, aside from being one of a handful of blue machines in a sea of green.

Last edited:
   / New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #18  
Your radio looks like mine have you figured out how to set the clock?

Your radio looks like mine have you figured out how to set the clock?
Saw the instructions in the operator manual. I'm going to get in there this afternoon and test my wits... 😆

I'll report back.

/ New Powerstar 120~ Fixing to earn it's keep... #20  
Yessir! I had a 100hp Case 95c with an FPT engine that I traded in. That engine was solid as a rock.

You ever get down here, I'll take you out hog hunting with thermal scopes and AR's. The hogs plague farmers and ranchers here, and we do our best to rid them.

that offer open to everyone? I would love to try that type of hunting.