New PowerStar Line?

/ New PowerStar Line? #21  
Looking at the "Price Your Own" section in the NH website, the prices posted here are about $10k lower than a T4000 or a TD5000 series. Can they really be that much cheaper? What was the $7000 deduction for in the T4.75 price?
There still doesn't seem to be much info out there other than the two-page brochure on the NH site?

the powerstar series is actually a step up from the td and t4 options. it is so much nicer. yeah it sucks there isnt mush info for the public yet but there will be very soon because the T4.75 will be shipping out come april.

/ New PowerStar Line? #22  
We've been pretty happy with what we've seen. This new model is really going to help NH gain some market share.

/ New PowerStar Line? #23  
I guess I'll just have to wait a couple months and see what comes out. My biggest concern is that the smaller T4020/T4030 engine (3.2 L) is now used on all the T4's, and the 4.5 L has gone away. It made 76 hp on the T4030, and now 100 hp on the T4.100. I would need it to run a 10' Discbine as well as my 7710 handles it.

/ New PowerStar Line? #24  
I would need it to run a 10' Discbine as well as my 7710 handles it.

After running a bunch of 7710's and 7740's on a dyno over the years, I'd not expect that to happen. A healthy 7710 will turn 92-98 PTO hp at least, and you aren't likely to get that out of any Tier IV emissions engine with 100 gross engine hp.

/ New PowerStar Line? #25  
That's what I'm afraid of. I've never dynoed our 7710, but it could handle a two-row 790 or 890 in heavy corn fairly well for "only" 86 hp. It is great on the Discbine in 6th rabbit, which is about as fast as I'd like to go anyway. The only time I need to shift down is usually on hills.

/ New PowerStar Line? #26  
Looks like an upgraded cab on a TD, the wheelbases seem to agree with that. The TD is a nimble little tractor. Neighbour has the red version and I've put a few hours on it in haying season and helping them out.

/ New PowerStar Line? #27  
Looks like an upgraded cab on a TD, the wheelbases seem to agree with that. The TD is a nimble little tractor. Neighbour has the red version and I've put a few hours on it in haying season and helping them out.

This is not a TD chassis. I saw a T4.75 at the NH parts & service trade fair last month. Not the same old, same old.

/ New PowerStar Line? #28  
Well who did they get the base tractor from, not likely they engineered a new one from scratch in these economic conditions. Hmm I see it has planetaries, so not a TD underneath, but a lot of the hitch components look similar, and the cab manufacturer appears to be the same.

EDIT That sure looks like an LS tractor under the cab sourced elsewhere.

/ New PowerStar Line? #29  
LS? I hope not! I didn't realize LS made larger tractors. Found some info on the web, and while the LS p7000 series does use the same Iveco engine and has similar hydraulic flow numbers to the T4 series, the transmission and front axle are different. I couldn't find a picture of the rear end of the LS to compare though.

/ New PowerStar Line? #30  
I was just looking at the hitch. Iveco engines are used all over the place.