New PT-425 owner

/ New PT-425 owner #1  

CreativeGuy

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac PT-425
Greetings,
I posted this in the general forum before MossRoad pointed me here.

I've just sent ordered a Power Trac PT-425 articulated tractor and am awaiting delivery to Oregon. I'm really excited about this tractor. I have a very long and steep gravel driveway to maintain and looking forward to a more stable machine than the Yanmar tractor (Lemon) that I had previously. I've ordered the 4-in-1 bucket with teeth added, Lug tires and a couple of extra custom attachment plates. I will be modifying the box scraper I made for my old Struck Magnatrac dozer to work with the PowerTrac. I would have liked to buy a few other attachments (Mini Hoe, and Boom Mower) but I only purchase when I have the money to pay for it so I will add (build) attachments as I move along.

I was wondering if there are any PT-425 owners near the Central Oregon Coast (Pacific Northwest) that might have the sweeper attachment and would be willing to rent it for one weekend.

Cheers,
I'll post pictures of my new baby "Artie" when it arrives.

/ New PT-425 owner #2  
Welcome to the Power Trac family. Congratulations on your new family member. We are here to help you enjoy your new PT.

/ New PT-425 owner #3  
I have an 1850 and no sweeper and live outside of Portland. Actually, we have two 425 owners on the board here who are Portland / Astoria area.

Great group here. You will have issues but lots of us here can help you get though them.

If you search this group, there is a thread titled "PT Owners by State" that lists who ownes (or has owned) a PT that is on this board. Good resource.

/ New PT-425 owner
Thanks guys. I look forward to gleaning the collective knowledge and experience. And maybe even contribute now and again.

Cheers,
Steve

/ New PT-425 owner #5  
A 3pt hitch adapter with a quick attach plate welded to it is a very handy attachment for rarely used equipment that you would buy used or, in my case, attachments I already owned.. Mine is normally hooked up to my lifting boom (I really should make a dedicated one sometime) but occasionally I use it with my box blade. I have not used my rear blade in years but I have used it with 3pt adapter in the past.

Ken

/ New PT-425 owner
My New PT-425, "Artie" Arrived on Tuesday. It was a bit of an adventure as the delivery truck couldn't get closer than 6 miles from my home because of new road paving. (They said the 75' semi trailer was too heavy for fresh asphalt) Fortunately I was able to track down a forklift and my neighbors small trailer.
Here's Artie.

Artie 1.jpg

I'm really impressed at how much more robust this tractor is than my old Yanmar tractor.
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions down the road.
First, how do I add a picture to my profile?
Cheers,
Steve

/ New PT-425 owner #7  
Congrats!

Now for the good stuff: what brand of engine is in it?

Also, can you take some pictures of the inside of the engine compartment? Everyone so often they rearrange things, and would be nice to see what it looks like right now.

/ New PT-425 owner #8  
Go to My Home at the top of the page and then on the left you'll see a choice to edit your profile picture. You can either link to an existing picture somewhere on the WWW or you can upload a picture to TBN from your computer.

/ New PT-425 owner #9  
Congrats on your new machine! As Tim mentioned, please take a few pics of the inside of the engine compartment as they do change designs from time-to-time and we'd like to compare to our model years. Also, in 10 years you can go back and see how sparkling clean the machine once was! :laughing:

/ New PT-425 owner #10  
Congrats!

... and like the others said, we’re curious about the engine bay and exhaust. I notice there is no longer a muffler on the left. Thats new since I picked mine up in September 2016.