New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics)

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #1  

timebak

Bronze Member
Our farm near Muscle Shoals, Alabama...FINALLY!!!
Tractor
RK37SC & John Deere 2030
I got my new R4020 (Shuttle Shift) about three weeks ago and have been shopping around and picking up attachments since then. So far have just gotten the following:
- New brush hog: Modern Ag Products 5ft hot-dip galvanized Super Sunshine cutter, their heavier duty 5' model.
- Heavy duty rear blade: a leftover 2008 model Bush Hog 70-06 (6ft wide).
- 3pt mounted finishing mower: 2002 model Bush Hog RDTH72 (6 ft) that was used 3 or 4 times and then sat in a shed because owner had health problems. Doesn't even have any scars on the sides and still has original blades and they're still sharp from the factory.

I've welded a couple of chain hooks and a 2" receiver hitch on the bucket.

Trying to decide if I want a stump grapple, or brush/root grapple (or both).

IMG_1147.jpg

FEL bucket with chain hooks and receiver hitch in middle:
IMG_1156.jpg

My buddy Griff guarding the tractor. He likes it.
IMG_1157.jpg

Modern Ag 5ft galvanized Super Sunshine brush hog:
IMG_1146.jpg

Bush Hog RDTH72 6ft finishing mower:
IMG_1149.jpg

Bush Hog 70-06 6ft rear mounted blade:
IMG_1150.jpg

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics)
Here's another project I've got going: Got a FANTASTIC deal on this SeaArk 1548 Duck Hawk all welded mod-vee jon boat, but it had a 15" transom. It's a 2001 model, but has never been in the water or been rigged out. I also found a fantastic deal on a 30hp Suzuki 4-stroke outboard, but it has a 20" shaft. So, I got the transom built up to 20". Just got it back a couple days ago.

The square pieces of aluminum on the rear seat are reinforcing backer plates that I'll bolt to the rear seat and front deck to reinforce where I'll install sockets for pedestal seats.

Yesterday I picked up a Minn Kota Edge 45lb thrust foot controlled trolling motor and a depth finder from a guy that is getting out of the boat business.

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Here's another shot of my bud, Griff, watching geese fly over headed to the lake about 600 yds behind the house. That's where I do most of my fishing. Gonna be doing a lot more when I finish putting the boat together.
IMG_1161.jpg

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #3  
That's super, thanks for the pics.
Your gonna love that tractor :thumbsup:

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #4  
I've welded a couple of chain hooks and a 2" receiver hitch on the bucket.

IMG_1147.jpg

It's never even occurred to me that I could set my bucket on the ground like that. Is there any particular reason why you did?

My dealer offered to have a couple of grab hooks welded on at the corners of my bucket for free so I said "sure, why not"! Then I saw quite a few postings up in the "Customization" forum about how the hooks should be welded on the bucket in-line with the loader arms to keep from "tweaking" (twisting) the loader. Sounded reasonable so I had a buddy weld on some new ones there as well as a center mounted 2" receiver tube. Left the original ones for "light-duty" use. Oh yeah, before the new hooks and receiver, he welded on 2.5" angle iron for support.

bucketmods.jpg

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #5  
Great pics, looks like I need to invest in a good welder,I can see were one will come in handy. I really like the 2 inch receiver what a great idea.Your back blade looks heavy duty, I ordered a kodiak 7 ft grader blade with my 4020 that has the option of putting a hydraulic cylinder on the blade so it can be controlled from the tractor. I ordered it sight on seen so I hope its as heavy duty as yours.ENJOY

It's never even occurred to me that I could set my bucket on the ground like that. Is there any particular reason why you did?

LBT: Setting the bucket like that does two things, keeps rain water out of it and shortens the overall length of the tractor and loader by about a foot and a half or so, which is important to me because I've got limited room.

Here's a pic of the tractor with blade mounted parked in the garage tonight. Flipping the bucket allowed plenty of walking room around the front of it. Wife's car is in the shop, so I parked the LS where she normally parks. She let me know right quick that the tractor is just there temporarily... :)
IMG_1167.jpg

avatar: Here's a pic of the blade mounted on the tractor. Used it for the first time this afternoon, and graded my driveway. The blade weighs a little over 500 lbs. It worked MUCH better than I expected. I'm really super pleased with it. I had it offset, swung about 30 degrees, and tilted a little using the 3PH adjustment.
IMG_1169.jpg

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #7  
Timebak, that is a good looking tractor and your shepherd seems to like it too! We have a shepherd that is almost 2yrs old. She is as skinny as a rake. The vet checked her out and found nothing wrong. Hopefully as she gets older she will put on some lbs. - I know I did:laughing:

joemd11: Many, if not most, German Shepherds don't fully fill out until they're three years old. Griff, our Shepherd in the pics, was certainly that way. Just keep feeding her plenty of good quality chow, keep her de-wormed, up-to-date on her vaccinations and she should be fine.

Interceptor, the heartworm preventative, is also good at keeping your dog free of hook, whip, and round worms, but NOT tape worms. Be aware that if your dog is a good mouser or likes to catch moles/gophers/squirrels and such, you'll probably have to treat her for tapeworms every six months or so. :eek:

Back to tractors..... I think the next implement I get will be a stump grapple bucket.

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #9  
timebak, thanks for the info. It confirms what we have heard from other people.

/ New R4020 & Other Goodies (with pics) #10  
LBT: Setting the bucket like that does two things, keeps rain water out of it and shortens the overall length of the tractor and loader by about a foot and a half or so, which is important to me because I've got limited room.

Here's a pic of the tractor with blade mounted parked in the garage tonight. Flipping the bucket allowed plenty of walking room around the front of it. Wife's car is in the shop, so I parked the LS where she normally parks. She let me know right quick that the tractor is just there temporarily... :)
IMG_1167.jpg

avatar: Here's a pic of the blade mounted on the tractor. Used it for the first time this afternoon, and graded my driveway. The blade weighs a little over 500 lbs. It worked MUCH better than I expected. I'm really super pleased with it. I had it offset, swung about 30 degrees, and tilted a little using the 3PH adjustment.
IMG_1169.jpg

Timebak, that blade is a beast!! They delivered my 4020 hydo today with the kodiak back blade, its a heavy duty unit, but I don't think its as heavy as yours .Its snowing,raining,sleeting, foggy, and pretty much nasty here today, so I just parked it in the garage.Ill send some pics when the weather clears.