New Servers on the Way!

/ New Servers on the Way! #11  
Definately not!

We only have lost posts once due to the harddrive dying.

-Ibrahim

/ New Servers on the Way!
Rat,

No, we don't have the servers here... they're located in a data center in San Antonio---we use a managed hosting provider. Their data pipe is one of the largest of any host and handles some of the highest trafficked websites online. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Servers on the Way! #13  
Today, while doing some research on the site, I found my old "handle" from when I joined in May of 2000..... I was known as "DustyOne" back then..... When I got back on line, I couldn't remember what I had used, so I re-registered using Junkman... Can the two be merged back together??? Then I could be called the OneDustyJunkman....... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will have to fire up the old computer and see if I can find the old registration information.....

/ New Servers on the Way! #14  
Interesting, so these new computers you have will be installed there? Is this a job the provider does if that is the case. A buddy of mine is a property manager in the SF Bay area. He mentioned that a building they lease in the Silicon Valley they have massive flywheels always running on the roof area that are kept running by a electric motor. The purpose of the flywheels is to instantly get a generator to speed should there be a power failure. This is done simply until moments later the backup diesel generators come on line. They guarantee 100% reliabilty at the site. I believe it powers eBay. He said they have never been down due to power reasons. This stuff is very interesting to me. Thanks for the information, I am sure others appreciate it as well. Mark

/ New Servers on the Way! #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's strange to think all that goes on here is acutally in two small boxes located in some guys house. )</font>

I searched my archives, and I found a "behind the scenes" photo taken at TBN... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That little dog pulled away the curtain and revealed everything! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 371527-behind.jpg
    371527-behind.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 158
   / New Servers on the Way! #16  
Andy:

I am glad that "ToTo" revealed the "Boss" hard at work at the "computer".

I wonder if we give Muhammad grey hair?? Actually, I wonder if he has any left from dealing with us??

/ New Servers on the Way! #18  
"I AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ... uh... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."

Dealing with 7000 people just like us would be enough to give you a grey hair or two. Maybe one day we'll get to see what Muhammad REALLY looks like.

/ New Servers on the Way!
Yes, some day. I have no grey hair... let's just get that out of the way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Servers on the Way! #20  
<font color="blue"> I have no grey hair... </font>

I do... at least what's left of it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif