New shop build with drone footage

/ New shop build with drone footage #1  
Tractor
none yet
Well, I wanted to be able to really document the transition of the land we bought, so I picked up a drone... Thought you guys might enjoy some of the footage of the barn going up. It's amazing how much progress this small crew makes per day! Will be a 40x80 barn, with 2 entry doors, 6 windows, a 14x14 door, and 2 10x10 doors, and will have a pretty good size porch built on the corner facing the pond.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Can't wait to finish the barn, so I can bring the tractor out and get to work on the 1,000 other things I need to be doing out there! Having the equipment 20 miles away is difficult!

Here is the video from Day 1 / 2.

/ New shop build with drone footage
Here is some video from Day 3, where you can start to really see the building shaping up.

/ New shop build with drone footage
And here is the video from Day 4 (Today) when they put the roof on. Went with a black roof on a dark slate gray building. I'm pretty worried it is going to be hot as all **** in the summer, but the guy who is building it said he has tested a lot of the black roofs, and never found more than a couple degree difference in heat. Plus, this is what the wife wanted, so if I sweat a bit more, so be it.

/ New shop build with drone footage #4  
Nice..very nice setup. :thumbsup:

/ New shop build with drone footage #5  
That's a really nice sized building. Seeing how small he workers look on the roof was impressive!!!

How much dirt did you haul in to build up that pad?

/ New shop build with drone footage #6  
Great idea videoing your changes. How much dirt did you bring in and how high is it above the existing grade? Are you going to pour a concrete floor?

/ New shop build with drone footage #7  
Congratulations!!

I’m not certain of your plans for insulation-if any? Spray foam will do wonders for any pole building.

/ New shop build with drone footage #8  
That drone is going to give you a unique perspective of the build. Don't forget to take regular pics of the progress in the event you have to go back and change/add something you'll know where or how they built things. Are you going to leave the inside open or finish it off?

/ New shop build with drone footage #9  
Drones add a different perspective.

It studied the videos trying to figure out the grade like the others. It almost looks like that field is the top of a ridge? And they simply pushed the topsoil off to get a flat spot to build on?

I'd suggest some good closeup shots around the building as things progress. As someone else mentioned they will be handy in the future when trying to remember how things are built. Especially when Utilities are added.

I'm also curious of finishing plans? And are you building a house there? I didn't see one nearby.

Thanks for the thread. Looking forward to progress!!!

/ New shop build with drone footage #10  
I love the drone video. I use a drone to document some of my work. Customers love it.

It looks to me that you pushed the top of a hill down to have a flat area for the barn.

When I built my shop about 15 years ago, I put a limestone floor with the intention of adding concrete later on. I still have not added the concrete floor, and probably never will. With the limestone, I don't have to clean it up as I would with concrete.