new slab seal or not

/ new slab seal or not #11  
Use a cure and seal. It helps your expensive 'crete cure properly and makes for a nice sweeping. You said thet you troweled it smooth so that will be as slippery when wet. (as the sealer)

Exactly, no reason not to.

http://www.ahharris.com/resources/harris_kurseal_25.pdf

It's not to late, but even better if applied immediately after initial set up. I've even used it on old concrete just for it's dust control.

jb.

/ new slab seal or not #12  
I think that is what I used on my shop (AH Harris Kureseal) Because I have radiant heat in the slab I was told that I should use a waterbased low voc sealer. I am not impressed with it. Don't spill any petroleum products on it! IN A GARAGE?? right. I was porley advised. The other shop I built I used a stinky, get you high, I think petro based sealer by Euclid Chemical and it took more than a mist of P B blaster to melt it. (PB blster makes a sticky mess out of the Kureseal). But I have no reason to believe that it did not do it's job helping with the curing process, but I'm not a concrete pro.

/ new slab seal or not #13  
I think that is what I used on my shop (AH Harris Kureseal) Because I have radiant heat in the slab I was told that I should use a waterbased low voc sealer. I am not impressed with it. Don't spill any petroleum products on it! IN A GARAGE?? right. I was porley advised. The other shop I built I used a stinky, get you high, I think petro based sealer by Euclid Chemical and it took more than a mist of P B blaster to melt it. (PB blster makes a sticky mess out of the Kureseal). But I have no reason to believe that it did not do it's job helping with the curing process, but I'm not a concrete pro.

I don't know what would hold up to gasoline and degreasers. I agree not easy to avoid spilling that on a shop floor.

I'm not a concrete pro either, but I think if it does what the name suggests, the surface would be harder, stay tighter, so it should prevent premature surface deterioration/ breakdown and dust. That thin film you SEE will inevitably wear off regardless of harsh chemicals.

I've never used anything else, since I have an AH Harris supply a half mile from my house. So I don't have anything to compare it to.

JB